• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Less Than $7,600, No Sooner Than 4th Qtr 2016

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hi Dave,

Good call on keeping your sanity, do whatever it takes to keep it.

This latest delay has me grumpy and frustrated. Setting the "alarm" for one year from now might be a sanity-saver. :spy:
I was going to back away as well and wait for an email. The problem is, I'm not confident that I'm getting all the emails. I haven't gotten one from Elio or from the crowd funding site in months. So I troll here to keep up to date.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In the interest of keeping my sanity, I have purposely avoided this site for several months as well as disregarded a lot of the Elio Emails, so that I would stop thinking about WHEN WHEN WHEN?
Now I return to find delays, possible cost increases, and other issues. Is anyone one else starting to doubt?
I can suggest to maintain your sanity, another few months will make not a difference here or for the production of the E. For me, it's like driving past an accident, and not gawking. I was lost, but now I'm found, (stayed away a few months), and indeed it's time once again to step away.
So, with that said, a respite is in order- bye for now!

TexasElio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Reg A financial documents indicate Elio Motors Inc might soon be controlled by Stu Lichter.

It appears he owns all of the long-term debt, both secured or unsecured.

He also controls all the capital leases.

Additionally, the majority of the interest expense is payable to him.

The corporate structure of Elio Motors could change very quickly if Mr. Lichter decides to call all the notes due to his company.

It's also interesting that most of the 45 million that Elio Motors has lost in the last several years, has been Mr Lichter's money.

I expect some dramatic events within the Elio corporate structure very soon.

Reactions: Ekh

Bilbo B

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Reg A financial documents indicate Elio Motors Inc might soon be controlled by Stu Lichter.

It appears he owns all of the long-term debt, both secured or unsecured.

He also controls all the capital leases.

Additionally, the majority of the interest expense is payable to him.

The corporate structure of Elio Motors could change very quickly if Mr. Lichter decides to call all the notes due to his company.

It's also interesting that most of the 45 million that Elio Motors has lost in the last several years, has been Mr Lichter's money.

I expect some dramatic events within the Elio corporate structure very soon.
I'm curious what you think has changed. My understanding is Mr. Lichter has been involved with PE pretty much since the beginning. What's all that different today than it was 2 years ago? I'm not trying to attack your opinion, just curious what it's based upon. I agree, Mr. Lichter is extremely critical to the continuation of Elio Motors. He could wipe it out in a heartbeat if he wanted. We have to hope he has the same dream we all do (OK, his has a few more dollar signs in it that ours).

TexasElio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Good afternoon Bilbo B!

Here's my thought process.

The Reg A documents seem to paint an interesting current dynamic between Mr. Elio & Mr. Lichter!

During the last 18 months, as development delays have occurred for the Elio Vehicle, Mr. Lichter has refinanced many of the notes due from Elio Motors.

The interest rates on these notes due to Mr Lichter are onerous in nature, with rates as high as 25%!

These high interest note's further burden Elio Motor deteriorating balance sheet.

Mr Lichter investment in Elio Motors is currently in the hole for almost $45 million.

A $45 million loss is enough to break any friendship, and charging up to 25% interest is outrageous!

I assume, at some point, Mr. Lichter will possibly exercise control in hopes of salvaging his investment!

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I can suggest to maintain your sanity, another few months will make not a difference here or for the production of the E. For me, it's like driving past an accident, and not gawking. I was lost, but now I'm found, (stayed away a few months), and indeed it's time once again to step away.
So, with that said, a respite is in order- bye for now!
Wise move to step away, as the discussion of EM's financials and funding warrants a driveby and is only critical to those wanting to crowd fund a high risk investment. I would rather have not been exposed to EM's financials.

I may follow your wisdom and step away too until the P5 is unveiled in the next few weeks. It currently is all that matters and will make all the difference. IMO

Last edited:

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Good afternoon Bilbo B!

The Reg A documents seem to paint an interesting current dynamic between Mr. Elio & Mr. Lichter!

During the last 18 months, as development delays have occurred for the Elio Vehicle, Mr. Lichter has refinanced many of the notes due from Elio Motors.

The interest rates on these notes due to Mr Lichter are onerous in nature, with rates as high as 25%!

These high interest note's further burden Elio Motor deteriorating balance sheet.

Mr Lichter investment in Elio Motors is currently in the hole for almost $45 million.

A $45 million loss is enough to break any friendship, and charging up to 25% interest is outrageous!

I assume, at some point, Mr. Lichter will possibly exercise control in hopes of salvaging his investment!

its interesting to see how different people consider the same material, apply their own personal preferences, prejudices, life experiences, wants, etc, and come up with different conclusions .... at this point none of us know all the facts, none of us knows all of the details, none of us have a working (reliable) crystal ball .... there is a very old colloquialism that refers to what comes from assuming and in my experience its usually applicable .... most anything is possible and as long as we all realize that our conjecture carries no more weight than pure guessing, it can be fun to play "What If" type games

Chris F

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I write these documents for a living. You ALWAYS emphasize the negative and downplay the positive. The CEO and CFO have personal liability for any untrue or inflated statements or expectations. You under-promise results and over-state the risks. If you state you are going to make $100 and you make $99.99, you get sued. If you make $101, you are a hero. If he gets close to the price goal, he'll be a hero. If the vehicle is available on September 30, 2016, instead of the 4th quarter, no one will remember what else he said.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Good afternoon Bilbo B!

TexasElio, back in January of this year you said this"

"After 7 years of attempting to obtain financing to further R&D of a "mythical vehicle"...it's probably time to face the obvious reality...
He's already squandered 65 million...and still not a single specification ready prototype has been built ..."

So there was a change of $20 mil according to your estimates? At least the debt has shrunk.
And the last time you discussed this, others had the same comment types as what you are getting now.
Perhaps it's time to reconsider your assumption.
Or as JEBar mentioned, the best any of us can do at this point is guess; and that is all we can do.
I feel stronger about the Elio and Elio Motors now then when I when I put in my deposit in 2013.
This will happen.

paddy's wagon

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Price increased, production delayed, performance compromised, sounds like a news release from American media about the old USSR products.

I was this close // to trading in my gas guzzler for a new Fiat when the gas prices dropped perceptiously. Now I'll keep my big car/big engine till the gas goes back up or I take delivery of an Elio whichever occurs first.

Cheers

Top Bottom