• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Limits ….

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Would a turbo really make that much of a difference? I would think it's only going to impact MPG when you really use it during acceleration.
I wouldn't think highway mileage would take much of a hit.

from what I've been told by several guys who have F150's with the twin turbo charged ECO Boost, when they can manage to keep the turbos out of the picture, them get much better mileage .... the problem seems to come from the truck being much more fun to drive when they kick in the turbos

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Interesting I was not aware that the man himself feels the numbers are conservative. It's just so far out of the park of a normal car it's hard to wrap my mind around.
I could never figure out why Elio didn't stay with the original 2006 Hello Elio numbers of 75+ mpg and way under $7500 MSRP. If he actually beat them we would celebrate. Although I'll celebrate irregardless.
image.jpg

Last edited:

Edward

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Most I've ever paid for a car (my wife's 07 Versa in 2013) was $8500. My buying experience is that dealership cars cost twice as much as private sales, but I haven't really been able to kick my wife of the belief that they are more reliable. My max price is probably around $9k. I want to keep the payments under $250/month.
Considering that my Cirrus is on its last legs, as long as the Elio beats 25-30mpg that I would get from a similarly priced used vehicle, I won't grumble too much. But for as much grief as I'm going to get from the look of the car, I'd say that it would need at least 70 so I can say that I'm burning less than a gallon to get to work.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My limit for base price would be about 8k. Thus far, the options have no appeal to me. They had talked about a basic smart phone integration--may go for that(definitely NOT the iPad option).

As far as mileage, probably about 70MPG. While at the momment me Elio would be purely for fun, I may need it to commute to work in the future, so if price jumps too much or MPG dops too much, it is not worth it for me.
I agree. If there is that Continental phone holding thing, I can use Google maps or Waze for navigation. I'll keep the extra $2,000 in my pocket.

Mark Ambrose

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Like a few others the Elio will be my hobby vehicle. Not going to worry about cost and mileage as Paul Elio has stated he's already at 81.5 mpg and $7,300 for a base model, which is fine by me. I just hope he doesn't detune the engine to a pathetically anemic state just to get to the magic 84 mpg number. I'd rather have 75 mpg and spritely performance than 84 mpg and a dog.

Top Bottom