• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Lit Motors C-1

RogWild

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Waiting for an 'Operational Video' of the Prototype...... on the test track! Actually, "STILL Waiting", since they stated "Coming Soon"....... over a YEAR ago.

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Waiting for an 'Operational Video' of the Prototype...... on the test track! Actually, "STILL Waiting", since they stated "Coming Soon"....... over a YEAR ago.
I'm with you on that! What they should have said is "sooner or later".

JNR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Lit C1 has taken over the Autodesk twitter feed today.

https://twitter.com/autodesk

Here is one picture:

lit c1 photo.jpg

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I like seeing any photos and work being done on the prototype build and cheer these guys on! Nice gyros!

Tomg3rd

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well the Lit hasn't been shown to be able to tow a triler in the snow... But seriously it does have serious stability problems at speed... The gyro's work fine at low speed and is impressive but when you get to speeds where countersteering on a motorcycle would be effective then the gyros don't know what to do. This problem caused even BMW to give up on this idea years ago. I do hope they get if figured out though...

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Well the Lit hasn't been shown to be able to tow a triler in the snow... But seriously it does have serious stability problems at speed... The gyro's work fine at low speed and is impressive but when you get to speeds where countersteering on a motorcycle would be effective then the gyros don't know what to do. This problem caused even BMW to give up on this idea years ago. I do hope they get if figured out though...

You would think one solution would be to simply disable the gyro based stability system once past a certain speed. As any bicyclist or motorcyclist knows a well designed two wheeled vehicle is inherently stable once up to speed.

The MonoTracer is a fully enclosed motorcycle which has been in production for some time now and while it does not have the gee whiz low speed gyro stabilizer it does have simple pop out 'training wheels'. Once the MonoTracer starts rolling it simply retracts the 'training wheels' and continues moving just like any motorcycle would.
astramedia-monotracer_3.jpg

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
No problems with the gyros at high speed because the C-1 has only clocked in at 6 mph. Lit is currently building the prototype that will be capable of high speed maneuvering. We hope track testing will prove that to be the case.

BMW's tilter concepts were not stabile during high maneuvers is true.......but they were tilting three wheelers. The C-1 is an enclosed self balancing 2 wheel auto-cycle. It's also anticipated to handle well in snow as an all wheel drive.
image.jpg

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You would think one solution would be to simply disable the gyro based stability system once past a certain speed by either powering down or setting them to cancel out. As any bicyclist or motorcyclist knows a well designed two wheeled vehicle is inherently stable once up to speed.

The MonoTracer is a fully enclosed motorcycle which has been in production for some time now and while it does not have the gee whiz low speed gyro stabilizer it does have simple pop out 'training wheels'. Once the MonoTracer starts rolling it simply retracts the 'training wheels' and continues moving just like any motorcycle would.
astramedia-monotracer_3.jpg
The gyros spin continuously to maintain the C-1 in an upright position even if broadsided by another vehicle......at least in animation video. Computers will control the speed of the gyros during driver maneuvers using drive by wire steering. We hope that is proven when the new prototype build is completed and track tested. The C-1 will drive like a car........the E-Tracer requires a 3-4 day class. The Tracers are a favorite of mine......wish they were affordable.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tomg3rd

Elio Addict
Reaction score
No problems with the gyros at high speed because the C-1 has only clocked in at 6 mph. Lit is currently building the prototype that will be capable of high speed maneuvering. We hope track testing will prove that to be the case.

BMW's tilter concepts were not stabile during high maneuvers is true.......but they were tilting three wheelers. The C-1 is an enclosed self balancing 2 wheel auto-cycle. It's also anticipated to handle well in snow as an all wheel drive.
View attachment 1142
Great ok well sign me up if there are no problems...Hope these are avail soon....

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Great ok well sign me up if there are no problems...Hope these are avail soon....
Don't know if there will be problems or not until testing. I hope it goes as planned because I am signed up! It seems a lot could go wrong, but gyros are not new technology.

Top Bottom