• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Loss Of Luster

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"Horn" wrote: "I'm sure Elio Motors already knows they won't hit their next deadline too...."

THAT will push me over the edge … and … it will be sufficiently evident (I’ll estimate) by September, no later, perhaps sooner.
Last summer when those “delay” messages (current for that time) began … I replied with four digit post on the “F”-book (owner’s association) group:
“2016” - AND I took some flak for that.
(I’m the one whose signature banner used to be: GO EE-LEE-OH !!! … UNTIL the summer of 2015 “delay” announcement)
~ OK ~

(So, Um,)
While I have no real way to confirm such claims - there have been statements (largely on the "complaints" type Elio forums), that some people have complained loudly enough - sending complaint and investigation request letters (by "Registered" mail) to the Federal Trade Commission, for instance, then forwarding copies of same to Elio Motors, Inc. and that, despite the clear (and simple) contractual specifics of "Reservation" deposits, Elio has refunded some of those "non-refundable" deposits ... much easier than hearings & litigation (right?).

I must realistically confess that I'm walking that line myself ... given the sales pitch dogma-blabber of late 2013 and early 2014, it was made to seem that I would be driving MY Elio autocycle -NOW-
… “on target for production in first quarter of 2015”. RIGHT?

Plenty of you have been Reservationists for longer (some even much longer) - so I have to admire and respect your patience and tenacity. Congratulations that you have that level of luxury.

I haven’t even driven a car for four years (last license plate expired: June of 2011).
What! Haven't driven in four years! Man I sincerely hope you get your Elio. Using Mass Transit?

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The P4 was built by a custom shop which used raw pieces of metal and welded them together to form the frame. These pieces of metal for the final production version will be provided by a metal stamping company which will require detailed computer designs showing every hole and curve needed. Radius of every curve and diameter of every hole will have to be specified with their exact location. I doubt this was provided by the custom shop which made the P4. They know what the final overall design is but detailed manufacturing information must be generated. Hopefully this is accomplished.

Mike W

Elio Addict
Reaction score
No, I am NOT "cheering our team one through thick or thin".

I'll get out there on the field, carry the water, hand out the towels, assist the coaches, wrap the bandages and bear the stretchers, if needed.
Darn it, I'll mop the locker room floors and showers, operate the laundry room, even scrub the toilets.
However ...
I cheer when the team scores ...
NOT
amidst some blind (and sometimes untruthful) sales pitch dogma-blabber.
Whoa, remember this is an analogy, that's all. When we put our money down it didn't give us the privilage of being part of the Elio production team or promotion team or involved in raising the finances for production. The only thing it provides us is the very first run of the Elios. I suppose as a "fan" you have the right to shout catcalls to the team and coaching staff if they aren't meeting your expectations. The point is we aren't on the team any more than any of Seattle's "12th Man" is part of the team. They can do all the shouting and stomping they want, it may help, but it won't make the team win. Remember, winning and loosing is all part of being a fan. If the Elio doesn't get off the ground I'll be sad but since all I did was put money down to reserve something that would be really cool I haven't lost a whole lot. I have had the opportunity to dream about driving it, sharing with others who feel the same way and having some fun along the way. For the money I put down, I have to say it's been worth it win or loose.

Past Fanatic

Elio Addict
Reaction score
--- How about that, Hector? Have you heard any more about the E series production (beyond their $30 million production estimate) ?
They haven't suggested it may be Technosports Creative (builder of the existing 'mule' through P-4 prototypes), have they?
In June of 2014 a Technosports Creative employee stated that they were 'scheduled' to begin the FIRST "E" Series prototype vehicle "the end of Aug or early Sep", BUT on 6 Aug, Paul Elio stated in a Town Hall Meeting; that the "E" Series was on "HOLD" due to FUNDING! Haven't seen or heard ANYTHING since!

Past Fanatic

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Whoa, remember this is an analogy, that's all. When we put our money down it didn't give us the privilage of being part of the Elio production team or promotion team or involved in raising the finances for production. The only thing it provides us is the very first run of the Elios. I suppose as a "fan" you have the right to shout catcalls to the team and coaching staff if they aren't meeting your expectations. The point is we aren't on the team any more than any of Seattle's "12th Man" is part of the team. They can do all the shouting and stomping they want, it may help, but it won't make the team win. Remember, winning and loosing is all part of being a fan. If the Elio doesn't get off the ground I'll be sad but since all I did was put money down to reserve something that would be really cool I haven't lost a whole lot. I have had the opportunity to dream about driving it, sharing with others who feel the same way and having some fun along the way. For the money I put down, I have to say it's been worth it win or loose.
When you 'buy your tickets' and enter the stadium, you are allowed to CHEER or BOO at the 'results', but Elio Motors [Deletes] the "BOOS", and 'ejects' {BLOCKS} those that don't swallow their 'hog wash'!

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
In June of 2014 a Technosports Creative employee stated that they were 'scheduled' to begin the FIRST "E" Series prototype vehicle "the end of Aug or early Sep", BUT on 6 Aug, Paul Elio stated in a Town Hall Meeting; that the "E" Series was on "HOLD" due to FUNDING! Haven't seen or heard ANYTHING since!

here are a few questions I'd like to ask .... that being said, I wouldn't blame them for not answering .... historically when the provide such data those whose agenda is to destroy EM will stop at nothing to twist it and use it against them

2. any projection on when they will be able to start building prototypes

Got to see it, finally!

2. One of the folks I talked to said she was hoping the prototypes would start being built in August, but that was more of a "hope" than a concrete date.

the above reflects the latest info our members have brought back from someone working for EM .... for the reason given above, I admit to being a little surprised that the lady with the tour would give any date whatsoever

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The P4 was built by a custom shop which used raw pieces of metal and welded them together to form the frame. These pieces of metal for the final production version will be provided by a metal stamping company which will require detailed computer designs showing every hole and curve needed. Radius of every curve and diameter of every hole will have to be specified with their exact location. I doubt this was provided by the custom shop which made the P4. They know what the final overall design is but detailed manufacturing information must be generated. Hopefully this is accomplished.

I'm not about to believe the few individuals that say they got their 'all-in' back from Elio without some corroboration.
I've stated before that I'm not the type to believe something simply because it might suit my wishes, beliefs, or opinions.
I do wish that EM hadn't stepped on their.. ah.. tails so much in the recent past, but I've already made that abundantly clear.
I still hope for one of the possible solutions that I projected a while back that would enable EM (or someone) to make 1M Elios.

My opinion is that I would think it would be ludicrous for EM to pop out all 18 to 26 pre-production vehicles at one time.
When testing of everything may very well mandate many 'on-the-fly' design changes throughout the whole testing process...
Making them all in one batch would make absolutely no sense. That's why I think this part of the process will take a good while.
This stage of the game is intended to refine this into an Elio that meets the highest standards for safety, reliability and excellence.
I foresee building, testing, re-design, more building, more testing, more tweeking and so on until EM is satisfied or the 30M is spent.

Last edited:

Mike W

Elio Addict
Reaction score
When you 'buy your tickets' and enter the stadium, you are allowed to CHEER or BOO at the 'results', but Elio Motors [Deletes] the "BOOS", and 'ejects' {BLOCKS} those that don't swallow their 'hog wash'!
True, but within reason. Neither the stadium or Elio Motors (do you mean the actual Elio Motors blog/website or elioowners?) will boot you out if you stay within the perameters of behavior of each. You go beyond what they allow and yes, out the gates you go (or get blocked). That's life. No one likes getting the boot but if you go beyond what they ask you not to do it is their right. I've been reprimanded once but I knew I deserved it. You play, you pay.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm not about to believe the few individuals that say they got their 'all-in' back from Elio without some corroboration.
I've stated before that I'm not the type to believe something simply because it might suit my wishes, beliefs, or opinions.
I do wish that EM hadn't stepped on their.. ah.. tails so much in the recent past, but I've already made that abundantly clear.
I still hope for one of the possible solutions that I projected a while back that would enable EM (or someone) to make 1M Elios.

My opinion is that I would think it would be ludicrous for EM to pop out all 18 to 26 pre-production vehicles at one time.
When testing of everything may very well mandate many 'on-the-fly' design changes throughout the whole testing process...
Making them all in one batch would make absolutely no sense. That's why I think this part of the process will take a good while.
This stage of the game is intended to refine this into an Elio that meets the highest standards for safety, reliability and excellence.
I foresee building, testing, re-design, more building, more testing, more tweeking and so on until EM is satisfied or the 30M is spent.
I'm guessing much computer simulation testing has been done throughout the process in finalizing the design to meet specified safety standards. Build the first Prototype for factory tool up and follow up with as many needed for testing and the all forgotten ride and drive events which they should be touring right now, rather than the worn out P4.

Top Bottom