• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Loss Of Luster

archer5013

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
In June of 2014 a Technosports Creative employee stated that they were 'scheduled' to begin the FIRST "E" Series prototype vehicle "the end of Aug or early Sep", BUT on 6 Aug, Paul Elio stated in a Town Hall Meeting; that the "E" Series was on "HOLD" due to FUNDING! Haven't seen or heard ANYTHING since!

Thanks PastFan, I remember the Town Hall Meeting posts (I received an invitation, but then didn't figure out how to access it).

Checking my notes (dated August 18th), the text posted from the meeting's Q&A (summary) on that issue was:

Q. Rumor has it, funds have been received for the 25 E models?
A. Waiting on next round of funding. Then will pickup 25 prototypes. There has been an enormous amount of progress in Elio Motors in the last 60 to 90 days and almost none of which I can share publicly unfortunately. I'll ruin good opportunities if I talk about it.

Last edited:

Past Fanatic

Elio Addict
Reaction score
True, but within reason. Neither the stadium or Elio Motors (do you mean the actual Elio Motors blog/website or elioowners?) will boot you out if you stay within the perameters of behavior of each. You go beyond what they allow and yes, out the gates you go (or get blocked). That's life. No one likes getting the boot but if you go beyond what they ask you not to do it is their right. I've been reprimanded once but I knew I deserved it. You play, you pay.
I'm talking about Elio Motor's Official FaceBook page, where many (hundreds or thousands) of 'Paying Reservationists' have been "BLOCKED", Not for violating any FaceBook Policy, but for just asking the 'difficult' questions, or stating their 'dis-satisfaction'!

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm talking about Elio Motor's Official FaceBook page, where many (hundreds or thousands) of 'Paying Reservationists' have been "BLOCKED", Not for violating any FaceBook Policy, but for just asking the 'difficult' questions, or stating their 'dis-satisfaction'!

The connection between Elio Owners.com and www.facebook.com/ElioMoptors is ....ah .. ah .. ah.. oh, there is no official connection.
So your point is what? You shouldn't be blocked for being an obnoxious? You want us to pity you?
Explain yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike W

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Can't respond to that, don't have any idea on the exchange. I would want to see the whole exchange anyway before I draw any conclusions one way or the other!

Mike W

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am specifically referring to the Elio Motors, Inc. group on Facebook.

Yes indeed, it's really too bad to be SO offensive, that (politely and respectfully) using the words "tell ... the ... truth", can get someone's posts deleted, get them blocked from posting - and equally direct (and simple) to delete the account, wait two weeks, open a new account ... and return to find those "tell the truth" comments DELETED.

Curious that there's some really big problem with: "tell" , "the" , "truth".

And NO, that is not "just life". That's the difference between being able to look someone in the eye, shake their hand, and have confidence in the outcome - or NOT ... and that's a very simple thing, in my experience.

"Trust ... takes years to build, seconds to break, and forever to repair."
Like I said to PF- "Can't respond to that, don't have any idea on the exchange. I would want to see the whole exchange anyway before I draw any conclusions one way or the other!"

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am specifically referring to the Elio Motors, Inc. group on Facebook.

Yes indeed, it's really too bad to be SO offensive, that (politely and respectfully) using the words "tell ... the ... truth", can get someone's posts deleted, get them blocked from posting - and equally direct (and simple) to delete the account, wait two weeks, open a new account ... and return to find those "tell the truth" comments DELETED.

Curious that there's some really big problem with: "tell" , "the" , "truth".

And NO, that is not "just life". That's the difference between being able to look someone in the eye, shake their hand, and have confidence in the outcome - or NOT ... and that's a very simple thing, in my experience.

"Trust ... takes years to build, seconds to break, and forever to repair."

Using the words "tell ... the ... truth" is the equivalent of saying "you lie".
Explain how that is not offensive.
Explain what proof (you do know what that word means?) you have that they were not telling the truth.
Words have meanings.
Using words have consequences.
Think about what your words mean before you use them.

Horn

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, I don't think "tell the truth" is offensive at all. It isn't to me, but if I am telling the truth it sure would get annoying or frustrating is someone said "tell the truth". Let's say a cop you are falsely accused of murder and you deny it because you really didn't do it, the officer says "tell the truth", it is safe to say the officer thinks you aren't telling the truth.

Now I think Elio should have better answers to some people who comment. The thing is that ELMOCO (ha Elio Motors Company) has given the naysayers so much ammo to use. Many naysayers really think that ELMOCO is lieing. I think they are being very dishonest.

Now Archer makes a very good point. You cannot say you are "on target" for a certain deadline unless you really are actually on target for it. Some substantial progress. They do not have substantial progress because they don't have the funding. Aside from touring with a redesigned car, they haven't done much.

At the same time EM has to have that sales pitch. They can't say "we might be able to get it built in 2016". They have to sound like a Politician running for president that says "i'm going to stop the war, fix the debt, fix the immigration problem, etc" when they know for sure they can't do it all. People are just getting tired of hearing EM say that with no physical proof of progress.

Past Fanatic

Elio Addict
Reaction score
.....So your point is what? You shouldn't be blocked for being an obnoxious xxxx? You want us to pity you?
Explain yourself.
Name calling, and personal attacks are against FaceBook Policy, and should be in this Forum's Rules..... hope the 'moderators' have contacted you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom