• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Loss Of Luster

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
quote of a deleted post removed

And you would testify under oath on penalty of perjury that you have personal knowledge that the money was never there?

Last edited by a moderator:

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
But I'm not the one making claims one way or the other.
You on the other hand are calling someone a liar.

Would you tell people you are no longer are seeking funding before you actually had the money? I don't think Elio would, but if for some reason the money went away, he didn't feel he needed to explain the sudden change in funding. You win, I'm wrong.

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Would you tell people you are no longer are seeking funding before you actually had the money? I don't think Elio would, but if for some reason the money went away, he didn't feel he needed to explain the sudden change in funding. You win, I'm wrong.
When Paul Elio spoke with KSLA 12 I understood him to say there were things he could not discuss because of NDA's. When he said his crystal ball was cracked and he did not get it right when funding would come through he was was explaining as much as he could. Personally I've had to deal with NDA's, and legally if you talk about whatever you're bound to not disclose, it's the kiss of death for your project and possibly inviting legal repercussions.

Stephen Workman

Elio Addict
Reaction score
When Paul Elio spoke with KSLA 12 I understood him to say there were things he could not discuss because of NDA's. When he said his crystal ball was cracked and he did not get it right when funding would come through he was was explaining as much as he could. Personally I've had to deal with NDA's, and legally if you talk about whatever you're bound to not disclose, it's the kiss of death for your project and possibly inviting legal repercussions.
While I do see the need for NDA's (at times), I still hate them!

jetpack54

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think the realistic date thing has been a tremendous problem for them. I have seen no evidence of an honest and comprehensive critical path analysis to determine production dates. Does Marketing even speak with the engineers/financing when they set their dates? I think the timing of their Marketing push was also poorly executed because those that would potentially be their best customers (early adopters) are getting burned out after being strung along for a couple years now.

The delay forced me to recently buy a 2002 VW Jetta TDI for $5,000 to tie me over until my Elio is ready. I am averaging 49 mpg with no hypermiling effort. With little effort, I can average 55 mpg, and at current diesel/gas prices in my area, that is an equivalent to ~62 mpg for gas. Substitutions aren't as far off from their numbers as they'd like to make you think. The more they push dates back, the heavier Elio will need to rely on the novelty factor to move their vehicles, which is not a very long term strategy.

Same here. Picked up a used 2005 Honda CRV for $3,000 as a back up for our aging cars. The overall design of the ELIO in my opinion will continue to garner interest whether the gas prices goes up or down. It is also my opinion that the 2 musts are achievable. the other 2- Uncompromised safety and price to me is a big question mark and could cause more delays. Getting everything ready to meet EM's production target for the first half of 2016 is another story and it's all dependent on the funding timeframe...that is if they ever get it. I'm mostly glass half full so I'm still expecting that the ATVM loan will get approved so they can get the ball rolling again. EM's hands are tied behind their backs and is forced to give a target date for prospective depositors although in reality, they know that it's all dependent on WHEN they will get the funding so I won't be at all surprise if the 4th quarter 2016 is a more realistic expectation for actual production considering the amount of work to be done- setting up the production line for assembly, setting up the line for engine assembly, programming the robots, acquisition of parts and materials, setting up the delivery infrastructure, I can go on and on. I hope to park my shiny silver ELIO (blue for my wife) someday and have accepted these delays, after all, EM already have my 1K non refundable deposit! :D
My only real issue with EM is how they can continue to advertise the $6,800 price knowing fully well that it may never be met. Any unsuspecting (naïve and trusting) person who failed to do their own research could just make a deposit not knowing that there is no funding at the moment to bring ELIO to fruition. Of course, it does not show anywhere in EM's website about their funding problems, or any fine print saying the price "may change at any time without prior notice", at least to warn these potential depositors. But that won't be good business sense for EM- so where is the truth in advertising? CAVEAT EMPTOR(Latin) I say. You fellas be the judge.

Top Bottom