• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Military Service

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A friend of mine just passed away, although he was not a military man his story is amazing.

Wow! What a life story! An amazing man, who over came the trials and tribulations of his early life and got the chance to live the American Dream! Sorry for your loss Dustman, and deepest sympathies to the family he left behind.

Terrence

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That's what it's all about.

Touching story Dustoff posted of his friend. Lots of real world history in it. Sorry to hear of the terrible early years of Dustoff friends life, yet proud to hear the positives struggles for a better life!
Terrence <> The many challenges in life everyone gets exposed to. Stay Positive, keep going.

pohutukawa

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I was in the Army for 20 years - from age 0 to age 20 when I moved out. From school grades 0 to 12, I went to 16 different schools. Lived in Kansas, Georgia, Colorado, Texas and Germany and went back and forth as my dad was reassigned. Yeah, only 5 places. 10th grade: started in Kaiserslautern, Germany. 4 weeks in, moved to Landstuhl, Germany. After dad got out of hospital there, moved to Colorado Springs to finish 10th grade.

I have met some people that went to 3 schools - 1 elementary, 1 middle school, 1 high school. I think that is soooo weird! My accent: American. Generic American. I was told by an professional linguist that my accent is extremely hard to place. He could eliminate chunks of the US: I don't have a southern accent, northeast drawl, northern lilt.

3 Card, I was also in Darmstadt from 1963 to 1966. Might have seen you there - do you remember that 6 to 10 yo kid?

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was in the Army for 20 years - from age 0 to age 20 when I moved out. From school grades 0 to 12, I went to 16 different schools. Lived in Kansas, Georgia, Colorado, Texas and Germany and went back and forth as my dad was reassigned. Yeah, only 5 places. 10th grade: started in Kaiserslautern, Germany. 4 weeks in, moved to Landstuhl, Germany. After dad got out of hospital there, moved to Colorado Springs to finish 10th grade.

I have met some people that went to 3 schools - 1 elementary, 1 middle school, 1 high school. I think that is soooo weird! My accent: American. Generic American. I was told by an professional linguist that my accent is extremely hard to place. He could eliminate chunks of the US: I don't have a southern accent, northeast drawl, northern lilt.

3 Card, I was also in Darmstadt from 1963 to 1966. Might have seen you there - do you remember that 6 to 10 yo kid?
Pohutukawa, Hello from another Army Brat! ;)You got me beat on the total number of schools attended but my Dad retired when I was 14. I attended 7 different elementary schools, 2 Junior high schools and 2 Senior high schools. Looks like we're about the same age, were you at Ft. Riley, KS 68-70? I was told the same thing about my accent years ago, although living in Northern Minnesota for 11 years and Colorado for 29 years has influenced it quit a bit. Duty stations were Georgia, Kansas, Louisiana, Washington, Germany, and Minnesota while Dad did 2 tours in Vietnam.

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score

3 Card isn't around anymore

Top Bottom