• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Mirrors And Other "cheap" Stuff

H2odog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
How long do the silicone wiper blades last?
Some, I do not remember which brand, are guaranteed for 5 years. That might be SilBlade. Piaa and Rain-x are other brands. Mine lasted some 7 years in the Arizona heat before I moved to OK. If you have ever lived in AZ you know that nothing lasts in that sun!

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Guess maybe they need a mini wiper over a protected lens! You know a little window for the little guy with the camera to look out of! a tiny wiper on THAT window.

Or a 'Mini-Me' / R2 to sit in the hatch & take care of the light work..... :)

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Some, I do not remember which brand, are guaranteed for 5 years. That might be SilBlade. Piaa and Rain-x are other brands. Mine lasted some 7 years in the Arizona heat before I moved to OK. If you have ever lived in AZ you know that nothing lasts in that sun!

We've lasted 23 yrs so far; went crazy afer four like the natives said & couldn't leave
'cept for July & August we head for the hills or the ocean............ :)

H2odog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
RainX the windscreen, and that big old wiper is coming off for 9 months of the year.
I only drive highway, and have gone many thousands of miles that way.
I use RainX on both my vehicles and it works well if it is applied right. Just seems some folks are adverse to a little elbow grease. And as David knows that is the magic for using it. It can be a bit disconcerting the first few times you see it, but it is great.

H2odog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We've lasted 23 yrs so far; went crazy afer four like the natives said & couldn't leave
'cept for July & August we head for the hills or the ocean............ :)
Up the Beeline to the Rim, I-17 to Flag or out I-10 to Cali, yeah. I was in Mesa for 12 years before the job moved me to Okie land.

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I use RainX on both my vehicles and it works well if it is applied right. Just seems some folks are adverse to a little elbow grease. And as David knows that is the magic for using it. It can be a bit disconcerting the first few times you see it, but it is great.
Once my car hits 50, I shut off the wipers. The stuff works great. Started using it back in the mid 70's when it came in a little yellow bottle. Works good on shower door.

david prettenhofer

Reaction score
I think windshield angle has a lot to do with it, but my ford aspire was good down to about 25, and my Intrigue to about 35. Only danger of no wiper is that misty rain, or road mist with overhead street lights, at low speeds. For that I always kept the wiper in the trunk. The intrigue they hide under the hood, so no need to remove.

Top Bottom