• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Motorcycle Question

tazairforce

Elio Addict
Lol.. too true.

Another adage should be auto correct will always haunt me... it was a big beetle... not bottle. Jeez. :cool:
Ty,
I wondered about that 'Bottle Hit', if it had been a bottle it would have knocked your Lights Out, taken your shoulder off and you off the bike. But then I figured that if Ty said it, it must've happened.lol
I, too, get into a fight with that 'Auto Correct' thing, wish I could turn it off. I sometimes don't realize it has happened until after I post, then have to go back and edit to straighten it out.

Ty

Elio Addict
Ty,
I wondered about that 'Bottle Hit', if it had been a bottle it would have knocked your Lights Out, taken your shoulder off and you off the bike. But then I figured that if Ty said it, it must've happened.lol
I, too, get into a fight with that 'Auto Correct' thing, wish I could turn it off. I sometimes don't realize it has happened until after I post, then have to go back and edit to straighten it out.
That's how I saw the "big bottle"... Edited to read"big beetle". But, what are you going to do? Proofreed? Yeah, I'm a little lazy sometimes but at least I fixed it. Thee are post headers that are misspelled here...

moby3

To answer your question: I have ridden a motorcycle since I was 18 years old and now am over 60 years old. My motorcycles have always been my primary means of transportation until recently. Hundreds of thousands of miles in all kinds of weather, except snow, I live in Florida. I have never fallen or hit or been hit by another vehicle. Some of this is just luck but a lot of it is driving technique. Stay alert, look waaaay down the road for possible problems and expect other drivers to be idiots or killers. Also watch the wheels of cars around you. They will tell you another drivers intentions before you see it by looking at the car. Never ride a motorcycle and stop for a friendly beer! NO alcohol, ever! Expect other drivers to do something dangerous or stupid. Good luck!

MASCMAN

Elio Aficionado
I wear a $75 carbon fiber Beanie helmet. I have been wanting to buy a full-face for the colder night rides, but I just haven't done it...i guess I have a cheap head. I just suffer through the cold.

I know a pretty mean biker Bitchon that don't wear any helmet...but at least she wears her Doggles for eye protection!!
photobucket-5989-1403787246243_zps9f3b15e8.jpg

Nitro

Elio Enthusiast
I sold my bike when I was the last of all of my friends to not crash. I am a very alert and safe driver (even my wife says so) but it only takes a simple mistake from another driver to put you in the hospital.

Jeff Miller

Elio Addict
I sold my bike when I was the last of all of my friends to not crash. I am a very alert and safe driver (even my wife says so) but it only takes a simple mistake from another driver to put you in the hospital.

I am always amazed at the large number of people that give up riding often because somebody they know crashed or they just decided it was unsafe.

We experience risks everyday. Recognizing those risks allows us to minimize them. Educating ourselves and getting training further helps to minimize those risks. Sometimes it is appropriate to abandon behavior that is risky but I hope I never decide motorcycling is something I have to abandon.

amwinkle

Elio Aficionado
I am always amazed at the large number of people that give up riding often because somebody they know crashed or they just decided it was unsafe.

We experience risks everyday. Recognizing those risks allows us to minimize them. Educating ourselves and getting training further helps to minimize those risks. Sometimes it is appropriate to abandon behavior that is risky but I hope I never decide motorcycling is something I have to abandon.
I have a phone call into the dealarship today... I saw a beautiful and comfortable Vulcan 900 custom http://www.fl-motorsports.com/new_vehicle_detail.asp?veh=153572&pov=2915285 that is EXTREMELY loud and fits my body PERFECTLY.

I think I will get a helmet there and purchase the bike... however I really want to make sure it is the right thing. My wife says its ok... but in the back of my mind I am always worried that somehow some freak thing will happen and I leave her with the car payment and bike payment and rent... Alone. Thats the only thing holding me back from doing it today lol. .. .. . Any suggestions

Smitty901

Elio Addict
I have a phone call into the dealarship today... I saw a beautiful and comfortable Vulcan 900 custom http://www.fl-motorsports.com/new_vehicle_detail.asp?veh=153572&pov=2915285 that is EXTREMELY loud and fits my body PERFECTLY.

I think I will get a helmet there and purchase the bike... however I really want to make sure it is the right thing. My wife says its ok... but in the back of my mind I am always worried that somehow some freak thing will happen and I leave her with the car payment and bike payment and rent... Alone. Thats the only thing holding me back from doing it today lol. .. .. . Any suggestions

Ride a motorcycle ,ski ,golf it does not madder what you do or don't do. You have a reasonability to manage risk for your family. You do not have to go broke buying good life insurance it is cheap at a young age. Just avoid the investment scams.
Some forms of disability insurance may also be wise but be careful most are a scam. Never buy insurance from a car or motorcycle dealer. NEVER.