• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Name That Elio / Elio Logo / Elio Marketing

Jayne Shelby

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio Motors Presents

F.I.N.

Elio is a soft name. It's a word that people don't like to say, as there is uncertainty towards how to say it and self-consciousness about how one sounds saying it. Elio needs a brand for this car. They need it to be the iconic name of a new vehicle. They need it to be simple. Memorable. They need it to coordinate with a marketing campaign. They need it to embody the core attributes of this vehicle. (They don't need a horrible concoction of numbers and letters, or some vaguely appropriate marketing word.)

F.I.N.

Elio Motors : Fun is Now. Future is Now. It's the End of Normal. (fin)

F.I.N. : The core aerodynamic principle. A descriptor of form and function. A memorable word.

"Have you guys heard about that new F.I.N. car?"

"Its narrow, and aerodynamic, like a fin"

"I think its made by ello or something, but it's the F.I.N. car"

"Fin. They say all these "Fs", like Five-star crash test, Fun, Future, First of its kind, affordable..."

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I totally agree with Jayne Shelby. I have not heard anyone complain about the Elio "brand name". In fact I like it a lot better than say, Ford, GM (what is that?), Dodge (something you avoid). I can understand adding a model name but the brand is and should remain Elio. To me it represents courage and strength. Definitely NOT a soft name at all in my not so humble and admittedly very biased opinion. :-) Z
The vehicle already has it's name. Simply put it's known by the name Elio. It's the perfect name for it. Named after its' father, the engineer with a dream that became reality. Lets not over think this.

Reactions: PJ

JN2Wheels

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I meant "soft" in pronunciation. It starts with a vowel. What other major brand starts with a vowel sound? It is ambiguous. ee-lio. ell-lio. etc.

(And don't say Apple. That doesn't count :) Its already a recognizable word) Addidas, maybe.. Sure there are examples, but they are few and far between, especially in motorsports. Ok.. Opel, Audi... Foreign automakers.

Last edited:

ST13Fred

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The name Elio sounds good to me, but I'm putting my own name on it.

I'm naming my Marshmallow E-Rod, want the front wheels open (no complete wheel fenders) and partial cover on the rear wheel.
Put a nice pin stripe down the sides and hit the road.

Last edited:
Top Bottom