• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

New Engine Unveiling And Testing

DWR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Nate,
I can definitely relate having smoked for forty some years. I found the gum was too hard to keep lit, and the patches worked well if you put them over your lips, but having a deviated septum, they made it hard to breath. Tried hypnosis, but lit up as soon as I came out of the session. Finally got tired of being treated like a lepar, and did the cold turkey thing. Still miss it but they didn't have the e-cigarett back then. My best guess is if I had one back then I probably would have gone back to smoking. Just my opinion.
You would be suprised Eddie. I personally know 4 people that have quit with E-Cigs. One smoked 3 packs a day! That's why the Govt. want to get involved with this industry. They are missing the taxes that I, and everyone else that was able to quit with these gadgets used to pay.;)

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You would be suprised Eddie. I personally know 4 people that have quit with E-Cigs. One smoked 3 packs a day! That's why the Govt. want to get involved with this industry. They are missing the taxes that I, and everyone else that was able to quit with these gadgets used to pay.;)
You may be right DWR, but I have a buddy in Albuquerque who did the vapor thing for awhile but went back to Marlboros. Now he does both. Given that, my buddy is the poster boy for addictive behavior in whatever he does. He did quit drinking though, which I never thought he would.

DWR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You may be right DWR, but I have a buddy in Albuquerque who did the vapor thing for awhile but went back to Marlboros. Now he does both. Given that, my buddy is the poster boy for addictive behavior in whatever he does. He did quit drinking though, which I never thought he would.
Well Eddie, you have to WANT to quit. IMO, these are more effective than anything else out there. I tried the gum, and cold turkey too. Both of those were unsuccessful for me. These worked like a charm. Everyone just needs to find what's best for them. These were best for me, and LOTS of other people.:)

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Isn't there a problem w/kids using this??
Read where it's surpassing cigarettes as the nicotine high??
Rumblings about licensing the shops here in the pill mill capital of the country-S Florida

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score
And yet another thread goes:

MV5BMTU0Mjg3MzkxOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNDU1OTY3._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

skygazer6033

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I smoked for about 25 years. A pack a day. I tried the gum, patches, all the stop smoking stuff. I ordered an E-cig starter kit an was able to stretch my last pack of cigarettes out last a whole week. That was January 3 years ago. Haven't had a cigarette since. After a few months was able to quite the E-cigs too. Worked for me.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Man, that new engine is nice. One of my Captains has a kid that's 14 who actually ordered an eSig and the juice or whatever that stuff is from ... Well, I won't call the place out by name but it rhymes with Lamb - a - Zon. It actually arrived at his house and my guy opened the package thinking it was for him. Surprise! Luckily, he happened to get home earlier than usual or else his kid would be out getting addicted to nicotine. Not that the kid won't find another way but it is scary that kids think it's okay. Most of those things look like chrome douche nozzles... At least they smell a lot better than cigarettes!

So, the engine wasn't oscillating in the video... That wouldn't make any sense anyway. "Hey, lets hang the engine up and see if it swings" "I don't know, Bob. Maybe we should just use all these accelerometers we have lying around so that we can quantify the results."

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
"The current manufacturing process means the price per car would be around $7,200, which is about $400 short of Elio’s goal."

From this article: http://airherald.com/elio-motors-shows-off-video-of-engine-prototype-running/23369/

We need to work with EM and our legislators to push that Autocycle Safety Act legislation through congress this year so EM can sell those credits asap. I bet if EM can sell credits for our reserved vehicles they would be willing to sell the vehicles to reservation holders at the $6800 price. :cool:

Top Bottom