• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

New Engine Unveiling And Testing

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
$7200? That'll do.
My impression, if EM is to have any "CRED" they will honor the 6.8k for reservationists, when in fact it might cost them more, and possibly lose some $ as a loss leader. They'll be making it up in accessories. I'll take a wild guess and say 1 in 25 will take the base model, no extras @ 6.8k, the rest of us have needs, i.e. automatic, and the rest will be wants. Personally, never left a showroom- bike or auto at base, and for sure bikes, I'd say 20-30% of my OTD bike cost was "absorbed" with aftermarket dealer installed wants!

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We need to work with EM and our legislators to push that Autocycle Safety Act legislation through congress this year so EM can sell those credits asap. I bet if EM can sell credits for our reserved vehicles they would be willing to sell the vehicles to reservation holders at the $6800 price. :cool:
I want it in writing this time. Elio had my loyalty and trust for the first year. Time for them to earn it back. Just saying.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I want it in writing this time. Elio had my loyalty and trust for the first year. Time for them to earn it back. Just saying.

I really don't see all the fuss .... not long ago an early EM flyer was shown with the price goal over $7,000 .... Elio has set a goal of $6,800 and has consistently worked toward that price .... if they make it, they make it .... if they miss, they miss .... I'd bet it would be hard to find many established businesses (much less one just starting up) that will guarantee what the price of their product will be something over a year from now .... folks with a reservation have a reservation, that's what EM promised .... we have a reservation, that's what we have been promised .... I don't see getting all worked up over something I can't control and have no clue what I'll be dealing with when the day comes .... just saying

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I really don't see all the fuss .... not long ago an early EM flyer was shown with the price goal over $7,000 .... Elio has set a goal of $6,800 and has consistently worked toward that price .... if they make it, they make it .... if they miss, they miss .... I'd bet it would be hard to find many established businesses (much less one just starting up) that will guarantee what the price of their product will be something over a year from now .... folks with a reservation have a reservation, that's what EM promised .... we have a reservation, that's what we have been promised .... I don't see getting all worked up over something I can't control and have no clue what I'll be dealing with when the day comes .... just saying
Actually, that is a reservation for a place in line only. They still don't have to sell you anything, or are they promising anything. I, like you, put up my 1K, based on the information they were providing at the time. No regrets, and as agreed,I don't expect to see that money again. Based on the information they were putting out, I think we can all agree, we were deceived as to Elio's finances at the time. I accept that as good marketing on Elio's part. I still will purchase my Elio when it becomes available, but I'm not willing to jump in any deeper, until I see an American factory worker producing an autocycle in the plant they have leased. I see that $ 7200 or $7300 price as a way of taking back the $500 bonus that we were promised. I'm even OK with that if it brings this vehicle to production. I now consider us just customers who possibly will be able to purchase the first year vehicle. I'm still a fan, but beyond that, Paul will have to earn back the trust I originally had. Sorry if that hurts anyone's feelings, but that's about as honest as I can be.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Actually, that is a reservation for a place in line only. They still don't have to sell you anything, or are they promising anything. I, like you, put up my 1K, based on the information they were providing at the time. No regrets, and as agreed,I don't expect to see that money again. Based on the information they were putting out, I think we can all agree, we were deceived as to Elio's finances at the time. I accept that as good marketing on Elio's part. I still will purchase my Elio when it becomes available, but I'm not willing to jump in any deeper, until I see an American factory worker producing an autocycle in the plant they have leased. I see that $ 7200 or $7300 price as a way of taking back the $500 bonus that we were promised. I'm even OK with that if it brings this vehicle to production. I now consider us just customers who possibly will be able to purchase the first year vehicle. I'm still a fan, but beyond that, Paul will have to earn back the trust I originally had. Sorry if that hurts anyone's feelings, but that's about as honest as I can be.
I, for one, don't feel deceived. They said they had financing lined up which fell through with the plant delay. That isn't deception, it was unfortunate circumstances. What is unfortunate is that Elio has continually shared information and as circumstances change, some people feel wronged. Things change, delays happen, and events don't always turn out the way planned. As far as I know, Elio is still planning on selling Elio number 3898 to me for $6,800 plus a "fair markup" on any optional equipment I choose. They will do their best to make the Elio safe, efficient, and reliable. The ONLY thing that has changed is the projected date of manufacture (and I had a pretty good idea that was coming). Since that is the ONLY thing that has really changed, how can that be deception? All the other stuff behind the curtain really doesn't matter. GM sold cars even as they went bankrupt. Did they deceive people who were buying vehicles with a 3 year warranty from a company that was closing its doors? Same with Chrysler... The same argument you are making against Elio works against those two as well.

I'm sure n o GM salesman said "Sure, there is a 3 year warranty but we are going bankrupt and may not service your vehicle." Nope.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Actually, that is a reservation for a place in line only.

Based on the information they were putting out, I think we can all agree, we were deceived as to Elio's finances at the time.

I now consider us just customers who possibly will be able to purchase the first year vehicle. I'm still a fan, but beyond that, Paul will have to earn back the trust I originally had. Sorry if that hurts anyone's feelings, but that's about as honest as I can be.

10-4 on a place in line, that is what I meant by reservation .... I do not believe that we were deceived (meaning deliberately mislead) as to EM's finances .... I believe that when we were told that they had sufficient resources lined up to get to production, they thought that they did .... I believe that something significant must have changed and they reported it .... they also stated that they were developing alternative funding and that seems to be what they are doing .... hopefully down the line a history will be written and info about this and other things will be revealed .... no hurt feelings on my part, whatever you or anyone else thinks of Paul really doesn't concern me .... folks have every right to feel as they feel .... I have my own concerns about some of the things I've seen and do not understand that I'd really like to be able to ask him about .... doubt I'll ever have the chance to do so, hopefully those concerns will be addressed in the same book .. :)

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I, for one, don't feel deceived. They said they had financing lined up which fell through with the plant delay. That isn't deception, it was unfortunate circumstances. What is unfortunate is that Elio has continually shared information and as circumstances change, some people feel wronged. Things change, delays happen, and events don't always turn out the way planned. As far as I know, Elio is still planning on selling Elio number 3898 to me for $6,800 plus a "fair markuip" on any optional equipment I choose. They will do their best to make the Elio safe, efficient, and reliable. The ONLY thing that has changed is the projected date of manufacture (and I had a pretty good idea that was coming). Since that is the ONLY thing that has really changed, how can that be deception? All the other stuff behind the curtain really doesn't matter. GM sold cars even as they went bankrupt. Did they deceive people who were buying vehicles with a 3 year warranty from a company that was closing its doors? Same with Chrysler... The same argument you are making against Elio works against those two as well.

I'm sure n o GM salesman said "Sure, there is a 3 year warranty but we are going bankrupt and may not service your vehicle." Nope.

10-4 on a place in line, that is what I meant by reservation .... I do not believe that we were deceived (meaning deliberately mislead) as to EM's finances .... I believe that when we were told that they had sufficient resources lined up to get to production, they thought that they did .... I believe that something significant must have changed and they reported it .... they also stated that they were developing alternative funding and that seems to be what they are doing .... hopefully down the line a history will be written and info about this and other things will be revealed .... no hurt feelings on my part, whatever you or anyone else thinks of Paul really doesn't concern me .... folks have every right to feel as they feel .... I have my own concerns about some of the things I've seen and do not understand that I'd really like to be able to ask him about .... doubt I'll ever have the chance to do so, hopefully those concerns will be addressed in the same book .. :)
I probably wouldn't have felt deceived either if Elio was as eager to share the financial shortfall as they were the announcement that they had acquired the financing. I wouldn't expect them to name names, but a brief explanation as to what happened would have went a long way. The long delay after the announcementon the engine startup was similarly concerning. It would have been nice to hear who the stakeholders that held up the whole startup were, and what they thought.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I probably wouldn't have felt deceived either if Elio was as eager to share the financial shortfall as they were the announcement that they had acquired the financing. I wouldn't expect them to name names, but a brief explanation as to what happened would have went a long way. The long delay after the announcementon the engine startup was similarly concerning. It would have been nice to hear who the stakeholders that held up the whole startup were, and what they thought.

again, understood .... you've listed some things I don't understand the way they were handled .... I've mentioned several times that in my mind Paul or whoever is handling EM's press releases and other public information really needs some guidance .... to me its not good to compound a negative by inadequate info releases .... that specifically isn't to imply any malicious intent .... if I believed that there was, I'd be gone and never think about them again .

Top Bottom