• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

New Job

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I have worked with industrial control systems but not with gas turbine generators. Both the electrical engineer and gearhead sides of me are excited to see a turbine generator in action as I have never even seen one in person.
How cool; jobs like that are always fun.
I had an interviewed for a job that I really wanted; it was at Flow Systems.
Made it through the second round and it was looking good but then one of the manager's kids got it instead.
Flow Systems makes the water cutters.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, it has been a very interesting month for me with plenty of ups and downs. The government project has completely fallen apart due to some disagreements between the government agency and the company I am working for which has resulted in that project coming to an end. However as that drama was unfolding I was contacted about another opportunity so I decided to pursue it. After several phone and in person interviews I have been offered, and decided to accept, a new position beginning on Monday, 3 August.

My new position is Instrumentation and Controls Systems Engineer for Siemens. I will be working on the installation and repair of Siemens control systems used for the operation of gas turbine electrical generators.

Glad you saw the 'open door'! Congrats on your new job!

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, it has been a very interesting month for me with plenty of ups and downs. The government project has completely fallen apart due to some disagreements between the government agency and the company I am working for which has resulted in that project coming to an end. However as that drama was unfolding I was contacted about another opportunity so I decided to pursue it. After several phone and in person interviews I have been offered, and decided to accept, a new position beginning on Monday, 3 August.

My new position is Instrumentation and Controls Systems Engineer for Siemens. I will be working on the installation and repair of Siemens control systems used for the operation of gas turbine electrical generators.
goofyone, congratulations and best of luck. We still miss your insight and clarity.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
goofyone, congratulations and best of luck. We still miss your insight and clarity.
Thanks Jim. I will be busy over the next two months training and settling in to the new role however after that my schedule should normalize to normal business hours, except when I have to travel for a project. This regular schedule should allow me to spend more time on this forum again as I do enjoy my time here learning and sharing with everyone. :)

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Just can't keep up with Hustling Hector! Glad you're landing on your feet and have escaped the clutches of the FUBAR US GVT

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Someone was nice enough to ask about me on an EM Facebook group today, as they had not seen me post in a while, so I wanted to post here as well to let everyone know that I am still alive and doing well. I continue to be very busy training and learning all I can about my new role. The systems I will be working on are extremely technically complex yet a small mistake could easily lead to millions of dollars in damage and 10's of millions of dollars in lost revenue so it is very important that I learn all I can in training before I have to rely on my skills to resolve real world issues.

Some of you may have noticed me being online here at times as I do stop in when I can to keep current about what is going on both with my fellow members and with EM. Hopefully things will settle down in a few months so I can return to a more active role here as I really do miss interacting with everyone here regularly.

Last edited:
Top Bottom