• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Nimbus

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There could be an autocycle endorsement and helmet exemption in his home State. The Nimbus is one I really want to test drive and I would travel a ways to test it. Time will tell.
It's all about the waiting and funding issues with these upcoming 3wheelers. But you gotta give 'em credit for trying.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's all about the waiting and funding issues with these upcoming 3wheelers. But you gotta give 'em credit for trying.
Even when I thought my wait was over with a 2019 FUV in the production Queue, my wait wasn’t over. If the wait goes beyond another year, I hope the Nimbus S has an autonomous drive option because I’ll be old to drive. I wonder if I would be legally required to sit in the rear passenger compartment? :)

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Even when I thought my wait was over with a 2019 FUV in the production Queue, my wait wasn’t over. If the wait goes beyond another year, I hope the Nimbus S has an autonomous drive option because I’ll be old to drive. I wonder if I would be legally required to sit in the rear passenger compartment? :)
LOL Same here, getting old and still waiting for a decent 3wheeler that meet all my needs. I'm even considering now test-driving the SOLO just to see if an extra seat is even possible to fit in the back.
1675800457898.png

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
LOL Same here, getting old and still waiting for a decent 3wheeler that meet all my needs. I'm even considering now test-driving the SOLO just to see if an extra seat is even possible to fit in the back. View attachment 26387
I believe ElectraMeccanica added the Solo Cargo to their model lineup. Perhaps they have plans to add the Solo Twinn as well.

1675831216492.jpeg

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
He's been touting the Vanderhall and comparing it whenever a 3wheeler topic comes up, had test-driven it so I'm sure he owns one already. I wonder if helmet is still required if he's got the roof cover version.
I have test driven one and rented one of them on two occasions (for a nice drive along the road that goes by the Delaware River). Just like I did with a Slingshot and even a CanAm. If I need a helmet then I need to inform the highway patrol here in PA because they have never pulled me over for not having a helmet. They also never pull anyone riding a motorcycle here in PA for no helmet since they eliminated the helmet law. Maybe there's a rule that roofless autocycles in PA require helmets, yet motorcycles do not.

As for owning one, I don't have the room to store it as I live in a state that has winters (my garage is full). Thus, if I can just rent one for a day, good enough for me. I am sorry that I have only experience with three three wheelers as opposed to everyone else here. Plus, I have heard here that getting into a Vanderhall is really hard. Even though the person that claims that, has never driven one. I guess for the Nimbus, we will all have to test drive one starting in July through September (that's when they come out) and see if the rear seat is big enough or not. Now we wait 5-7 months and we will get reviews here.

Also, who here has ever driven a Vanderhall? A Slingshot? A Can Am? I did ask a while back about the Vanderhall and found I was the only one.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
All three wheeler vehicles are motorcycles, but not all motorcycle's meet the varied State’s autocycle definitions and standards legislated by a State to waive motorcycle endorsements and helmet requirements.

I have no reason to test drive a vehicle I have no interest in. Also, I have test driven specific vehicles of interest based on styling, but found after a test drive they didn’t meet my expectations in terms of driver comfort, performance/handling. and as a result didn’t buy one. I live in a State with harsh winters too, and have zero interest in and simply cannot justify an open air three wheeler motorcycle. Obviously, you are among the few that have genuine interest in the Vanderhall, and you can’t justify buying one based on not having winter storage, rent a storage unit.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
'Also, who here has ever driven a Vanderhall? A Slingshot? A Can Am? I did ask a while back about the Vanderhall and found I was the only one.'
We'll for one, our interest here is about the BEX, SOLO, FUV, ELIO and not the Vanderhall. You should start a new thread specific for the Vanderhall, Slingshot or the Can Am. Pricy toys ain't for me.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The anticipated delivery of the fully certified Nimbus is Q3 2023. Not much time left to start offering test drives, factory tours, and letting reservationists know which States are scheduled for their sales, delivery, and servicing roll out plan. Most likely East or west coast States and 2-3+ years before regional sales expands to middle America.

Last edited:

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The anticipated delivery of the fully certified Nimbus is Q3 2023. Not much time left to start offering test drives, factory tours, and letting reservationists know which States are scheduled for their sales, delivery, and servicing roll out plan. Most likely East or west coast States and 2-3+ years before regional sales expands to middle America.
West coast most likely. No idea on their business/factory location. I'll send them an e-mail and find out about the test drives.

Top Bottom