• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Nimbus

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
For Nimbus, the release date was for Q3 in 2023. Since that date was closing to an end they now they say, 2024 (no quarter or half). I wonder if they were running into supply chain issues or covid or maybe the broken markets and needed to push that date back to a question mark for the year 2024. Could be Jan1 or Dec 31? No word on the S version either.

At least Aptera will be in production at the same time Nimbus will be. It's a fact. They have it on their websites.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
For Nimbus, the release date was for Q3 in 2023. Since that date was closing to an end they now they say, 2024 (no quarter or half). I wonder if they were running into supply chain issues or covid or maybe the broken markets and needed to push that date back to a question mark for the year 2024. Could be Jan1 or Dec 31? No word on the S version either.

At least Aptera will be in production at the same time Nimbus will be. It's a fact. They have it on their websites.
Yes! It’s comforting to be reassured that we will finally be able to purchase a fully enclosed three wheeler in 2024. I’m certain there will be Nimbus and Aptera local servicing and parts availability after the sale regardless of whether their sales model is direct to consumer or local dealerships. For Nimbus, the added time is likely the direct result of including the S version In their nationwide rollout……possibly worldwide. There appears to be a proven wide range mass market demographic, based on the combined Vanderhall, Spyder, Slingshot, FUV sales over the past 13+ years I‘ve been following three wheeler concepts. I’ve actually seen 2 Spyders in my home town and had a FUV test drive experience while living in Idaho.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes! It’s comforting to be reassured that we will finally be able to purchase a fully enclosed three wheeler in 2024. I’m certain there will be Nimbus and Aptera local servicing and parts availability after the sale regardless of whether their sales model is direct to consumer or local dealerships. For Nimbus, the added time is likely the direct result of including the S version In their nationwide rollout……possibly worldwide. There appears to be a proven wide range mass market demographic, based on the combined Vanderhall, Spyder, Slingshot, FUV sales over the past 13+ years I‘ve been following three wheeler concepts. I’ve actually seen 2 Spyders in my home town and had a FUV test drive experience while living in Idaho.
2024 will be exciting. I look forward to Aptera and Nimbus are confirmed to come out. Plus with those nationwide free test drives, it will be a hit. I know they will not be like FUV that makes it almost impossible for people to take a test drive for free and thus why we see why they are struggling. At least I got to test drive a Vanderhall and a Spyder for free. I was lucky as a neighbor has a Slingshot and let me drive it for free. I do know I could go to a dealer and do that but this was an opportunity I couldn't pass up. I'm hoping I don;t have to travel 2000+ miles just to get a free test drive in a FUV or 1000+ miles to pay to rent one. Those are just one way miles too.

I was really hoping that FUV was going to the at the Electrify Expo in NY but it seems like they only do west coast. Nothing for Nimbus. I'm sad that I can't get to test drive them. I hear the FUV is fun but I don't feel like spending thousands of dollars just to experience it. The NY Expo would cost me money but a easy drive and a few bucks. I can deal with that. I just hope that Aptera and Nimbus do not follow the FUV business model. So many lost sales there.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
2024 will be exciting. I look forward to Aptera and Nimbus are confirmed to come out. Plus with those nationwide free test drives, it will be a hit. I know they will not be like FUV that makes it almost impossible for people to take a test drive for free and thus why we see why they are struggling. At least I got to test drive a Vanderhall and a Spyder for free. I was lucky as a neighbor has a Slingshot and let me drive it for free. I do know I could go to a dealer and do that but this was an opportunity I couldn't pass up. I'm hoping I don;t have to travel 2000+ miles just to get a free test drive in a FUV or 1000+ miles to pay to rent one. Those are just one way miles too.

I was really hoping that FUV was going to the at the Electrify Expo in NY but it seems like they only do west coast. Nothing for Nimbus. I'm sad that I can't get to test drive them. I hear the FUV is fun but I don't feel like spending thousands of dollars just to experience it. The NY Expo would cost me money but an easy drive and a few bucks. I can deal with that. I just hope that Aptera and Nimbus do not follow the FUV business model. So many lost sales there.
Arcimoto’s regional sales and service is available on the East Coast to include Pennsylvania. I’m certain if you research and reach out to find a FUV owner they would be happy to let you test drive their FUV.
1694105202340.jpeg

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Arcimoto’s regional sales and service is available on the East Coast to include Pennsylvania. I’m certain if you research and reach out to find a FUV owner they would be happy to let you test drive their FUV.
View attachment 26696
Great idea. I'd think that FUV would have an arrive and drive. Maybe they will have a test drive at Summit Point WVA. I know they do not sell in that state but it's right on the border of VA. So close to DC the FBI even uses it as a training facility.

Top Bottom