• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Not Exactly A Similar Vehicle

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
our family has a history of buying good vehicles, keeping good care of them, and keeping them for a long time .... our daughter is single, the last vehicle she bought was a 2001 Chevy Tahoe that she actually purchased in Oct of 2000 .... it has about 160,000 miles on it and still performs well .... due to its age, it can't be financed so even though its in great shape, its worthless as a trade-in so she plans to keep it.... about a week ago she told me she wanted to look for another vehicle and this time she wants something fun .... yesterday I took her to the local Chevy dealership where we have been buying since the mid 70's .... after test driving several different models she decided on a Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Cpe LT w/2LT.... basically all those letters mean its the top of the line for Camaros with a 6 cylinder engine .... its a really nice rig with a heads-up display, really pretty interior .... I have to admit I was surprised at how good its ride is .... she is an accountant and factor in in 0% interest and she's really happy with it ...:cool:

151003 001 Camero 002.jpg
151003 002 Camero 001.jpg

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
our family has a history of buying good vehicles, keeping good care of them, and keeping them for a long time .... our daughter is single, the last vehicle she bought was a 2001 Chevy Tahoe that she actually purchased in Oct of 2000 .... it has about 160,000 miles on it and still performs well .... due to its age, it can't be financed so even though its in great shape, its worthless as a trade-in so she plans to keep it.... about a week ago she told me she wanted to look for another vehicle and this time she wants something fun .... yesterday I took her to the local Chevy dealership where we have been buying since the mid 70's .... after test driving several different models she decided on a Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Cpe LT w/2LT.... basically all those letters mean its the top of the line for Camaros with a 6 cylinder engine .... its a really nice rig with a heads-up display, really pretty interior .... I have to admit I was surprised at how good its ride is .... she is an accountant and factor in in 0% interest and she's really happy with it ...:cool:

View attachment 7180 View attachment 7181
had they already sold the yellow one? They do fly off the lots.
BTW, which side is the gas cap on? (some mentioned that there is a gas pump symbol on the gauge to indicate which side it's on)
nice wheels I extend my congrats

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
had they already sold the yellow one? They do fly off the lots.
BTW, which side is the gas cap on? (some mentioned that there is a gas pump symbol on the gauge to indicate which side it's on)
nice wheels I extend my congrats

they had two yellow 1LX's and they were really sharp looking .... for our daughter, the issue was the interior .... she simply didn't want one with a black interior .... the 1LX's are the standard level with a 6 cylinder motor .... the 6 cylinder 2LX's have the SS interior and options .... the one she bought was the only 2LX they had on either of their local lots .... like an Elio, the fuel port is on the right (passenger side) .... that is going to take some getting used to, its the only one we've ever had

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If you buy a vehicle you really like and maintain it properly it's easy to drive it a looooong time. We bought our last new vehicle in '05 and still like the styling and the ride with under 50k miles.

I'm guessing you have given your daughter some very sound and valuable Fatherly advice along the way.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I rented one of the new Camaro's for a week when I was over in Spokane a couple of years ago, and it had the V6. JEBar you forgot to mention, that V6 puts out 300hp+ and it has the same power feel as some of the mid 70's 350 V8's.
I would have bought one except for one thing, they are a PITA to get in and out of. Really nice semi stiff ride (aka it handles well) nice interior layout; I really like the lighted door/dash "mood" lighting. Did she get the HUD also? The camera in the rearview mirror does work well, and it takes a while to learn to look at it rather than trying to see out the back window (you can't). But it's like you're sitting down in a well / hole when you try to get out of it.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I rented one of the new Camaro's for a week when I was over in Spokane a couple of years ago, and it had the V6. JEBar you forgot to mention, that V6 puts out 300hp+ and it has the same power feel as some of the mid 70's 350 V8's.
I would have bought one except for one thing, they are a PITA to get in and out of. Really nice semi stiff ride (aka it handles well) nice interior layout; I really like the lighted door/dash "mood" lighting. Did she get the HUD also? The camera in the rearview mirror does work well, and it takes a while to learn to look at it rather than trying to see out the back window (you can't). But it's like you're sitting down in a well / hole when you try to get out of it.
Did you drive that Spokane Camero rental 30 miles east to visit us in Coeur d'Alene?

Ian442

Elio Addict
Reaction score

View attachment 7180 View attachment 7181

Looks a nice ride. Hope she enjoys it.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
If you buy a vehicle you really like and maintain it properly it's easy to drive it a looooong time. We bought our last new vehicle in '05 and still like the styling and the ride with under 50k miles.

I'm guessing you have given your daughter some very sound and valuable Fatherly advice along the way.

my wife drives an '05 Trailblazer with around 105,000 miles on it .... less than a year ago I sold a '95 Buick Park Avenue that we got from my Mom back in '02 .... we still have and drive her '00 Park Avenue that we've had since '09, it has just over 100,000 miles on it .... as noted, our daughter is keeping her '01 Tahoe .... we have a really good, long standing relationship with our local Chevy dealer .... during the 10+ years I worked in RV sales, I sent them bunches of customers in need of tow vehicles .... the owner has offered me money but I always tell him to apply it when our family buys a vehicle .... works well for us

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

agree on getting in and out ... I can do it bur prefer my Silverado .... if HUD means heads-up display, yes she did .... its interesting, first time I've ever seen one .... its part of the SS interior package .... the screen for her back-up camera is in the dash .... really clear and I like the way the line indicate the path the vehicle is following .... somebody there said 360 hp, our Sportchassis has 330 .... she took it out on I-40 yesterday, it cruises with ease at 70 mph at 1750 rpm .... its first trip will be from central NC to Asheville at Thanksgiving

Top Bottom