• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Not Exactly A Similar Vehicle

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
The Holden UTE kinda reminds me of the Elcamino.
Agreed; the one thing that really surprised me was on the Ford UTE right below it, this line " ..........Behind the driver, you can load in up to 2,000 lbs worth of cargo........ " One ton of cargo? How stiff is that suspension empty?

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
in the second picture in post 1 of this thread a small black cut can be seen in the front bumper of our daughter's new Camaro .... when we bought it the dealership promised it would be repaired .... having dealt with this dealership since the mid '70's I had no doubt that they would take care if .... after getting it home and realizing the cut penetrated the white covering into the black "stuff" that the bumper is made from .... the more I looked at it, the more I wondered just how good of a repair was possible .... she left it with them for a day (they provided a loaner) and the picture below tells the story .... I must admit I'm impressed, I literally can't tell there was ever a scratch .... if the body material used by EM is of the type used on the Camaro, that speaks well for being able to handle such repairs
151012 001 repaired bumper 001.jpg

Last edited:

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
in the second picture in post 1 of this thread a small black cut can be seen in the front bumper of our daughter's new Camaro .... when we bought it the dealership promised it would be repaired .... having dealt with this dealership since the mid '70's I had no doubt that they would take care if .... after getting it home and realizing the cut penetrated the white covering into the black "stuff" that the bumper is made from .... the more I looked at it, the more I wondered just how good of a repair was possible .... she left it with them for a day (they provided a loaner) and the picture below tells the story .... I must admit I'm impressed, I literally can't tell there was ever a scratch .... if the body material used by EM is of the type used on the Camaro, that speaks well for being able to handle such repairsView attachment 7277
Are there any other white Camaro's on the lot? Might want to go and look at their bumpers ....... ;) Might be that you'll find one with a hole in the same spot she had one .........

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Are there any other white Camaro's on the lot? Might want to go and look at their bumpers ....... ;) Might be that you'll find one with a hole in the same spot she had one .........

actually that was my first thought .... like I said, I've been dealing with them for a long time .... they used to have their own body shop but they did away with it a good many years ago .... there is literally a large, private body shop right next to the dealership where they send their big jobs .... for small ones they have a fellow who rotates between their 3 dealerships .... I was told that he's as good as they come and now I tend to believe it

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Plastic bumpers really aren't that bad to repair, IF you're experienced at it.
That's a big IF because there are a lot of body people that think they're good that aren't.
A good body man is a true artist and I have met a number of them, they are really good.
If the dealership is praising their guys talents, it means no one complains, which is a good sign.

Top Bottom