• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

P5

Horn

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yep, spending a bunch of cash to tune an exhaust that will never get used in the production vehicle makes lots of sense.

Its not that much money to have someone build a nice sounding and looking exhaust. I didn't know there was an exhaust issue.

RogWild

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That's true. Elio should spend the hundred bucks or so and get someone to quieter that thing down.
Probably needs a BIGGER muffler..... and nowhere to put it! I haven't heard it in person, but doesn't sound that 'bad' to me on the videos. After all, it is just a prototype, without the production engine and drivetrain.

RogWild

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Tell that to a 3 year old little girl. It was on the elio videos, they probably pulled it because it shows the little girl running around the huge drivers door right into the path of a possible on coming car. ...
Maybe if you are too feeble or irresponsible to 'control' a "3 year old little girl"...... perhaps you shouldn't be driving in 'traffic' either!

"They probably pulled it", is just an 'excuse' because you're too lazy to find it, but want others to do it for you..... nice try!

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Tell that to a 3 year old little girl. It was on the elio videos, they probably pulled it because it shows the little girl running around the huge drivers door right into the path of a possible on coming car. Try You tube.! I mean even a nba ref could see that!

I have 2 younger kids. One gets in on each side. Why is this any different?

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have 2 younger kids. One gets in on each side. Why is this any different?
It's not. The very narrow Elio with a standard size door isn't as far out into into the traffic lane as a conventional car.....so it's safer. Kids shouldn't be unsupervised irregardless. Heck the parent or Gparent will be standing right there helping with the seat back anyway. It's just needless negativity for negativity sake. We should ignore it and it may go away.

Last edited:

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's not. The very narrow Elio's door isn't as far out into into the traffic lane as a conventional car.....so it's safer. Kids shouldn't be unsupervised irregardless. Heck the parent or Gparent will be standing right there helping with the seat back anyway. It's just needless negativity for negativity sake. We should ignore it and it may go away.
Exactly. I just couldn't be quiet. lol Much like the debate that it's unsafe to have the gas tank on the "passenger's" side that was going on a month or two ago. Silliness.

Top Bottom