• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

P6 ?

AJ Maxey

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Keep in mind the only safety and transportation certifications beyond the Motorcycle requirement EM has to meet are their own.
Correct. The NHTSA may not even require them to do crash tests since it's not technically a car. Paul said, if that's the case, they still plan on contracting a private firm to conduct their own crash test. Knowing him, I believe he'd set a higher passing standard than the NHTSA.

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wouldn't call millions of sales a failure :rolleyes:

Us version only sells about 10K a year . At best 39 mpg they had to lower the claim, Requires 91 octane that cost a lot more, transmission problems My Fords get 40 mpg often 41.2 On 87 octane can drop to 32 in city like Chicago . The smart is a failure in everyway. If they had gotten the diesel version into the US it might have done better that is getting 61 mpg but extra taxes on diesel hurt that also.

Past Fanatic

Elio Addict
Reaction score
if you need that info to invest, you might try and get it during the coming AMA program .... you can't get it here .... if you can't invest without the info, you might be wise to look for another investment
I did ask during the 'AmA' session; seems Paul Elio 'forgot' to include the workers for his 'Engine Manufacturing Facility' to assemble 500 - 1,000 engines daily. ( Ford's Brook Park Plant (with 1,200 experienced workers, and a 1,200.000 sq. ft facility) currently only produces 50 EcoBoost engines per hour, running 24/7) GOOD NEWS for Shreveport, needing 'jobs'; BAD NEWS if Elio's Business plan does not account for the salaries of an additional 1,000 workers!
Paul Elio;"I believe you are correct that the 1,500 employee estimate does not include the engine assembly. That is the vehicle assembly only."
Paul Elio; "Thank God, I don't think things through"
:(

Top Bottom