• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Pep Boys

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
They lose that 1/4 anywho with the buy three get one free promo's. No downside!
Yea but you gotta buy three to get the 4th free- I had happen to "think" this out too - go for it and take the 4th the same size as the rear and save it or post it on ELIO Parts-Tires when it happens - we'll be able to buy/trade/barter stuff.
ya could save a front tire (twice the chance of wearing out and blow-out)
You could go with two other Elio owners buy a set each and have a full set to be shared, in reserve -) of course it won't work if one of the two is a gearhead
they'll have put a slick on the rear and 18" run flats on the front (with spinning rims, and ability to bounce the chassis (whatever that is called)) - they too will want to sell their rubber, IMO there will plenty of new parts available soon after we get them- fenders, radios, tires, seats (some mentioned needing a swivel seat), transmissions, motors, exhausts. Knowing that race cars go round in an oval (my slot cars used to be more exciting), I've heard tell of a small block V8, might just be small enough, steering wheels, and after the racing season,body panels that survive the wrecks- aint we gonna have fun!!!

DAVID BROWER

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yea but you gotta buy three to get the 4th free- I had happen to "think" this out too - go for it and take the 4th the same size as the rear and save it or post it on ELIO Parts-Tires when it happens - we'll be able to buy/trade/barter stuff.
ya could save a front tire (twice the chance of wearing out and blow-out)
You could go with two other Elio owners buy a set each and have a full set to be shared, in reserve -) of course it won't work if one of the two is a gearhead
they'll have put a slick on the rear and 18" run flats on the front (with spinning rims, and ability to bounce the chassis (whatever that is called)) - they too will want to sell their rubber, IMO there will plenty of new parts available soon after we get them- fenders, radios, tires, seats (some mentioned needing a swivel seat), transmissions, motors, exhausts. Knowing that race cars go round in an oval (my slot cars used to be more exciting), I've heard tell of a small block V8, might just be small enough, steering wheels, and after the racing season,body panels that survive the wrecks- aint we gonna have fun!!!
My head nearly exploded! Elio Clubs could buy tires in truckload volume to sell back to members as a fundraiser.

Last edited:

Gas-Powered Awesome

Elio Addict
Reaction score
THAT WON'T BE SO BAD. BRIDGESTONE MAKES GOOD TIRES!

THE CURRENT POTENZA RE-71R IS A VERY GOOD TIRE FOR AUTOCROSS AND STREET-TIRE TIME-TRIAL COMPETITION.

THE ANCIENT RE-92 IS STILL THE ONLY LRR TIRE THAT GETS MAXIMUM FUEL MILEAGE IN THE FIRST-GENERATION HONDA INSIGHT. BRIDGESTONE STILL MAKES A RUN OF THEM EVERY YEAR OR TWO FOR ALL THE CRAZY HYPERMILERS.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I like Bridgestone's, I just put a set of Dueler X/L's on my Nitro.
Quiet, handle really well (great grip) but haven't had a chance to test them in the rain yet.
Full set of four, mount and balance, TPMS replacements, tax and disposal $713 with a $70 rebate, don't a bad price for a big tire (255 60R17)

Top Bottom