• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Polaris Slingshot

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
I've researched the Slingshot some. It's similarity with the Elio stops at 3 wheels for sure. :) The Slingshot will be an expensive, fun, more-dangerous-than-you-think toy. The Elio will be an inexpensive-to-buy, safe, practical vehicle used for commuting, some errands, driving confidently in bad weather, inexpensive-to-fuel, and will be game-changing for sure. The Elio will be fun to drive in its own way too.

AllIn5450

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trust me, I won't be in the rain unless I get caught in it, LOL, and I have the weather.com app on my phone!!!
And being in FL, hopefully won't be too much cold weather driving either.
That is what my Explorer or car is for.
But I will keep a set of Frogg Toggs on board just in case.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
I think you mean the Elio. Unless there is also an Elise out there and you are on the wrong forum. :) Z

There actually does happen to be a very cool little vehicle named the Elise but it is very different from the Elio. But anyway I merged this into this already existing Polaris Slingshot thread. :)

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Perhaps Pschenker named his Elio.....Elise.
We should note, according to Wikipedia, this Elise chassis is also used on the Opel Eco Speedster and VX220 version. The Eco claims to get 113mpg, not bad! Do I believe that? Yes, I've worked on 110mpg cars, and they were very similar to the Opel Eco.

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Polaris stung me when I purchased one of the ATV's They will never get me again. Did not run right from day one. Polaris response
Read the warranty: Not covered seems not much of anything is covered.

Top Bottom