• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Polaris Slingshot

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here's another trike from UK. You'll probably have to build it yourself, though. It won't do 84 mpg but might appeal to those who want more than 55 horsepower and you can buy one already.

http://www.razorcars.co.uk
Thanks for providing this link. Certainly is an option for those who want to sit side-by-side and it appears to have the HP for those who demand high speed and acceleration. Because it has a wider footprint it will never come close to the 84 mpg of the Elio. Also since it costs more than $20,000 without engine it cannot compete with the Elio $6800 pricing. It certainly will appeal to a different economic segment of the population. Beautiful vehicle none the less.

AllIn5450

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for providing this link. Certainly is an option for those who want to sit side-by-side and it appears to have the HP for those who demand high speed and acceleration. Because it has a wider footprint it will never come close to the 84 mpg of the Elio. Also since it costs more than $20,000 without engine it cannot compete with the Elio $6800 pricing. It certainly will appeal to a different economic segment of the population. Beautiful vehicle none the less.
It is a VERY beautiful vehicle indeed.
I have never heard of it before until today.
But you are right, expensive even before the Hayabusa engine, and that would not be cheap itself.
And a Hayabusa does not get that good fuel mileage to start with.
But it would have tons of power and speed.
I am looking into the Slingshot, but with dealers tacking on thousands of dollars, It is turning me off on both the dealers and Polaris.
I just have this thing about being openly and blatantly scr***d over by dealers.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Since this post is about the Polaris... same motor as the Saturn Sky/Pontiac Solaris, 176hp, $19,999 price. But, no airbags, not much safety...

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonfo...-polaris-slingshot-three-wheels-and-a-prayer/

It does look kind of cool though. Shoot, wish them well... Social acceptance of three wheel drive could improve. Of course, if a bunch of idiots get killed in them (no roll cage, air bags, crumple zones...), it could hurt public perception.

Terrence

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The P4 was released almost exactly six months ago. Since then I can think of several major things which have happened and I am sure there many more which I am not listing and/or happened behind the scenes at Elio Motors. After numerous delays, caused by lawsuits and plenty of outside interference, IRG was finally able to get a lease signed for the assembly plant in Shreveport which secures it for use by Elio Motors. The IAV engine has moved from CAD drawings and computer models to a fully cast and assembled engine ready for testing. The P4 went through its engineering assessment resulting in a number of design changes which will be incorporated into the P5. The P5 design and engineering process is running its course and the design is being finalized as we speak in advance of assembly starting in the August/September timeframe as confirmed by both Elio Motors and Technosports.

To me all the items I just listed sound like there has been a huge amount of progress on the Elio vehicle over the last six months. In that relatively short period of time they went from having completed an admittedly rough mule prototype to engineering a complete pre-production prototype vehicle and an actual pre-production version of the drivetrain.

V ery Good reporting! Great update. Thank you
Terrence Bernard

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom