• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Poll - Are You Or Have You Ever Been A Motorcycle Rider?

Current, Former, or never been a Motorcycle rider

• Total voters

Terrence

Elio Addict
Reaction score
started withhonda CT-70 trial, then to honda SL 100 trial, then to Kawasaki F5-350 trial rotary side valve induction two stroke (later kitted it and made a scramble race bike and Riandas Kawasaki in Salinas sponsored me), then Kawasaki S2-350 triple street, SC-500cc single two stroke dirt (later bought a champion racing frame to race scrambles, then Kawasaki kx 400cc two stroke dirt bike, then Can am 175cc two stroke dirt bike, then Kawaskai LTD 1000cc street, then there was too much time working and took a motorcycle break, then to a Buell 1200cc. That was fun not often a situation to mention all the good motorcycles and motorcycle times! I loved riding two stroke motorcycles in the dirt, the mountains, the dirt race tracks. Seem like I forgot one motorcycle I have owner, oh well. The Elio is on my mind now<>
Elio is next and I am proud to be all in!
Terrence Bernard !

tazairforce

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've been a motorcycle rider for 12 years and have been commuting to jobs on them for about 6 years. Currently I commute 100 miles a day round trip and do it each and every day on a bike.
Jim, I just picked up the fact that you are located in Hammond, La.

I'll bet you 10 bucks, if you were to set up the 'First Annual Elio Crayfish Boil' in your area, you would be over run with participants and Kick picnics up to a higher level..
Knowing the area, as I'm sure you do, you could provide us with contacts for accommodations, such as campgrounds/cabins. We have another member in Hammond, I recommend that area. The reason I mention this is, we ride to Hammond for our Annual 'Hammond Crayfish Boil' and stay with a Harley friend. This is one of our premier rides of the year. As this ride is special, it is by invitation only, others only hear of it after the fact.
This past April, we did the 'Boil' in Hammond and went on to the Texas Hill Country and back to Hammond, then back to Georgia. This was was one of our Best rides.

ElioTony

Elio Fan
Reaction score
First bike...2 stroke Kinetic TFR Moped
Second bike...Kymco Bet & Win 250cc (was actually a quality Tawianese Scooter (Honda engine clone)
Third bike...Honda 250 CM 400 2 speed (Hondamatic)

All were fun to drive.... Not barn burners but back roads cruising smelling the open road:)

-ElioTony

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I rode a Honda Interceptor about 20 years ago until I slid it into the back end of a Ford. Kind of lost my taste for bikes after that.
seeker, welcome to the forum where you will find the latest information and opinions on the Elio. It will provide all the information you will need to determine if the Elio is for you and what level of reservation you want to make. Many of us old motorcycle riders are now looking forward to all the weather protection features that weren't important in our youth. Use the forum search function to quickly find the answers to most of your questions and if you can't find them, just ask. Members are diverse and are helpful and friendly. Enjoy your journey into the Elio experience.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am an avid motorcyclist and have been for 20 years. I have never had an accident but certainly not from a lack of trying by other motorists. I currently own 6 motorcycles including a top gas ZX1100 dragbike. I do not think of the Elio as a motorcycle. I see it as fun, unique 4 season transportation at a good value.
View attachment 252
Yep, part way between a motorcycle and a car. But closer to which? Probably a car.

The second thing I don't like about a bike, is the time it takes to counter steer. That has been something that only helps those idiots who tried to run me down in the past. (and those who didn't try but were just natural at it :-) ) So I won't miss those two things, idiots and initial steering delay. Everything else I miss greatly. If I had ever been hurt badly, I wouldn't miss that either. Keep this in mind, if you want wind in your face again, in a Elio, it's likely legal to knock out the windshield (or take the whole top off! ) and enjoy the bug-bullets (but put your helmet back on). :-)

skygazer6033

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Terrence, I don't have Kawasaki 3 cyl. but I do have a Suzuki GT750 of about that vintage. 1974 model water cooled 3 cyl. 2 stoke (affectionately called a "water buffalo"). I also have a 74 BMW 75/6, 2 Honda CBX's a 79 and 80 Super Sports ( DOHC inline 6) an 81 Goldwing 1100, an 83 and 87 v45 Magna, 2 83 v65 Magna's, an 85 Yamaha Venture Royale and a Cushman Turf Truckster which has a 3cyl. SOHC 850cc Diahatsu engine. A diverse collection I know.

Top Bottom