• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Poll - Are You Or Have You Ever Been A Motorcycle Rider?

Current, Former, or never been a Motorcycle rider

• Total voters

CheeseheadEarl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Terrence, I don't have Kawasaki 3 cyl. but I do have a Suzuki GT750 of about that vintage. 1974 model water cooled 3 cyl. 2 stoke (affectionately called a "water buffalo"). I also have a 74 BMW 75/6, 2 Honda CBX's a 79 and 80 Super Sports ( DOHC inline 6) an 81 Goldwing 1100, an 83 and 87 v45 Magna, 2 83 v65 Magna's, an 85 Yamaha Venture Royale and a Cushman Turf Truckster which has a 3cyl. SOHC 850cc Diahatsu engine. A diverse collection I know.
Dad had a water buffalo when I was young. I still remember the dirt bike sound when it was warming up on a crisp fall morning.

While I'm here, I don't currently ride, except for a spin on a friend's bike now and then. I did spend a lot of time growing up on an 82 RM125, traded that for my first pickup, a 70 GMC. I rode a Honda 650 with the sideways v twin and shift drive for a couple years until the urge for a fishing boat caught me and it went down the road.

Critter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My first 3 wheeler I built at age 13 . With a lot of help . Using a lawnmower engine and transmission, attached to a tiller with extended axle for the rear end. Added a cushman front suspension. It sure beat walking to my Saturday job at a local farm. That expanded to a honda trail 70, then a street 70. A honda 305, a honda CB650 i think, honda magnium 750 , Honda Shadow 750, now a red Honda VTX 1300 C . The picture shows my red bike, and the shadow I sold to the couple in the picture. This was taken in the parking lot at Pinnacle point.

Attachments

• myscooter.jpg
    myscooter.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 186

NN4S

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
65 and been riding bikes since I was 14. Still at it, but now it's for the gas mileage and the fun. Used to be just for the fun of it. Didn't care about the gas mileage before 2008.

I've been riding since I was 14 as well (much to my parents' dismay), although I did take a bit of a hiatus from it after getting off of a Honda 400 four at near 100 MPH in the early eighties. Got back on bikes again when the fuel prices started to increase with "Desert Shield" and have been on them ever since. Like you, I rode whenever just for fun until Katrina's waves brought us $5 a gallon lunacy; been much more sparing in my use of fuel ever since. My only bikes now are two strokes- Yamaha RZ350s of US and Canadian make (`85 and `87, respectively) as well as my Yamaha powered `04 Scorpa SY250R trials bike.

BriansElio

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've had some impromptu rides on my brother's motorcycles. I don't think I've ever went for more than about 2-3 miles at any one time. They were road bikes and not street bikes. The Elio will be about as close as I come to actually having one for daily use.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I owned a bike back in the mid to late 60's that I use for a combination of off road riding in the mountains of NC and as a daily computer vehicle between home and Western Carolina University .... once on a ride from Cherokee, NC to Gatlinburg, TN I went into a turn and was greeted by two vehicles running side by side (2 lane mountain road) .... my choice was to hit one head-on or to get off of the bike .... I was already tilted so I got off .... the bike went one way and I went the other .... both cars passed between us .... my helmet was the only thing that didn't get a scratch, it took the crystal off of my watch .... over time, I hurt my back playing college football and haven't been able to ride a bike for very long periods of time .... for me a test drive will be necessary to see if I'm able to use/enjoy an Elio .... I'm looking forward to giving one a try

Jim

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
JEBar,
If you can drive a car or truck now you will be able to drive an Elio. The comfort of an Elio will be the same as a car, with bucket seats, not like a bike with no back rest. I'm sure you'll like/enjoy it fine.
[/QUOTE]

that is my hope but in reality, the ride in all cars/trucks is not created equal ..:)

Jim

Johnapool

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My first motorcycle, bought when I was 16, was a Sears Puch 175. I sold my fourth and last Goldwing when I was 65 and preparing for retirement. I immediately saw the Elio as the perfect "motorcycle" for an old coot like me. Sporty, affordable both to own and operate, and, of course, totally COOL.
I ordered a Scion Xb over 10 years ago when Toyota introduced the car, and it has been a great choice. It will look good sitting next to my Elio.

Top Bottom