• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Quick Poll. Yes, Another Poll. This One About Transmissions.

Will you be buying a manual or automatic?

• Total voters

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I believe the AMT are posting quicker 0-60 times of late in some of
the high performance cars.....
  1. Manual tranny takes another step into oblivion - Scion FR-S ...
    www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?p=142108‎Feb 24, 2012 - 22 posts - ‎13 authors
    “We're seeing a trend toward more manual-mode-capable, fun-to-drive ... delivers a 0-60 time of 3.9 seconds – a tenth of a second faster than the manual transmission time. ... With 0 to 60 taking 3.9 seconds, and a top speed of 184 mph, the ... on to another point related to the original post. one area that has :)
If the mileage is better with the mat, and I don't see why it wouldn't be, the stick may truly soon be gone...

Though, have you ever tried to push start an automatic? LOL

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If the mileage is better with themat, and I don't see why it wouldn't be, the stick may truly soon be gone...

Have AAA for that, though Elio may offer some form of roadside assist
for the first 12-24 months as is typical or/not............ :)

2.ooohhh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If the mileage is better with the mat, and I don't see why it wouldn't be, the stick may truly soon be gone...

It's not good for them but in an emergency you can sometimes "push" start a traditional automatic by rolling it backwards swiftly in neutral and popping it into reverse. ;)

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We can but hope.

Reminds me of Robin Williams 'On Golf' why the Scotts put a little
flag on the patch of green grass......"To give 'em Hope".........now
to apply that thought to the Elio............... :)

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's like the great Chile question in New Mexico. There is no doubt about having a Chile sauce with your meal, the question is "Red or Green"? The same can be said about transmissions. We all have our preferences and our decisions are driven by many factors like spouses who don't drive sticks, physical disabilities, etc. Give the public reasonable priced choices and let them choose.

KN16

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's like the great Chile question in New Mexico. There is no doubt about having a Chile sauce with your meal, the question is "Red or Green"? The same can be said about transmissions. We all have our preferences and our decisions are driven by many factors like spouses who don't drive sticks, physical disabilities, etc. Give the public reasonable priced choices and let them choose.
Or orange, or white or black or silver or blue

BigWarpGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
'new cars with a CVT' list? It is a long list of new and old cars with a CVT. I just like the idea of a CVT in a car. The Obvio 828 and 012 was supposed to have a CVT. They had a company they were going to use but it is not easy finding any information on it, on the CVT or the 828/012 (the 012 was nicer looking than the 828). 'The Unsinkable CVT: How the "Gearless" Transmission Is Getting Its Groove Back' - Car and Driver.
unsinkable-cvt-inline-1-photo-558073-s-original.jpg

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So true. I set the poll up just to try to get a feel for the production mix. I was wanting to know, for instance, if only 1 in 100 were going to have a manual transmission and thus be the more collectible. Just a gee whiz poll.

Top Bottom