• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Report On P4 In Columbus With New, Hard Information

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio in Columbus

By Eric K. Hatch

Columbus, OH 6/18/2014

I and my very large friend Bob trekked to Columbus from Cincinnati to see the Elio P4 prototype. He wanted to see how well he fit; I wanted to car will be.

I also came away feeling far more confident in the Elio team, Elio strategy, and Elio commitment than I was before.
Thank you Eric. I predict that your post here will go viral and is indicative of how hungry America is for a Car (auto cycle), Elio.
Please tell us...................? How big a fellow is Bob?

PS my son is head of Canon's Professional camera's Tech service dept in LA.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thank you Eric. I predict that your post here will go viral and is indicative of how hungry America is for a Car (auto cycle), Elio.
Please tell us...................? How big a fellow is Bob?

PS my son is head of Canon's Professional camera's Tech service dept in LA.
I don't know exactly how large Bob is, but he's definitely up there … at least 6'2" and 275. He's an accountant, and he wants to be all-in for $100 (cheapskate).

I shoot Nikon!

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks Ekh, I am so glad you went and was so impressed. No more Doubting Thomas posts from you, right? This is a miles stone.
HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY. You also answers the few questions (doubts) I secretly held. So Thanks again.

I hope I have shown that asking questions is not disloyal or negative. I got tired of being slammed for negativity because I have a need to "trust but verify." Actually, I'd have asked exactly the same questions if I'd never heard of this board or this thread.

Also, I have quoted accurately what I was told, but as I was speaking to Jerome, Paul Elio was saying on NBC's Sustainability program podcast that production "would start 3rd quarter 2015 or maybe at the start of 2016" (not exact quote, but close enough). … he wasn't making a big deal about it, it was just four or five words as he was closing out his segment on the show. So Vassallo is saying "all systems are go" and Paul was saying "somewhere in there." I suspect it was the usual engineer's caution, but there it was…. a disconnect. Which is normal, and one shouldn't make too much of it.

In other words, this is a fluid situation, and Vassallo's and Elio's zeal and confidence may or may not turn out to be justified …. we can all hope for the best, and I for one feel immensely better having dug a bit.

The car seems to be on track. The problems at this point are not technical, they're financial, and Paul and Jerome are swearing that the money's coming in …. I did hear one more thing about that that I can't repeat, but it could be positive.

Last edited:

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This is really good article and to the point.
Can I have permission to forward a copy of this to Elvis at 3wheelers.com? Or, if you could send him the article plus your photos, either way, this would satisfy legal issues and most likely he'd publish that as an update to my article already there.

His email is on the website contact link. 3Wheelers.com is the best 3-wheel car IMO. The book that Elvis published also has a large image of the Elio (and my Atlantric) included. I got a signed copy, it's very cool.
I need to think about this. While I'm happy to share my experience with this group, I do like to get paid for my writing and photography …. so I'm not going to just turn loose all my photos and text. But maybe something will work out.

Top Bottom