• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Reservations: 65341 As Of 6/20/2017

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If you kids can't behave, I'll pull this car over and give you all something to whine about!;)
On another note .....Fa.......Patience my a$$, I want to kill something. Good thing hunting season is just around the corner!:eek: Now, where's that silly Wabbit!:D

Okay, I know waiting is hard but we have to trust Elio Motors and Paul that no news is good news! When they have something to report, we'll hear it. With the falling reservation numbers, I think a lot of us saw that coming, with the reduction of the 50% incentive. I think 40,000+ by the end of the year is reasonable, unless there is major news reported. If that happens, I think a lot of people sitting on the fence, will jump off and join the party!

D Borland

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I don't think that they should "cut off" production reservations. This would actually heighten the interest in the Elio. Kind of like, Making it an "elite" aquisition that everyone can have.

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If you kids can't behave, I'll pull this car over and give you all something to whine about!;)
On another note .....Fa.......Patience my a$$, I want to kill something. Good thing hunting season is just around the corner!:eek: Now, where's that silly Wabbit!:D

Okay, I know waiting is hard but we have to trust Elio Motors and Paul that no news is good news! When they have something to report, we'll hear it. With the falling reservation numbers, I think a lot of us saw that coming, with the reduction of the 50% incentive. I think 40,000+ by the end of the year is reasonable, unless there is major news reported. If that happens, I think a lot of people sitting on the fence, will jump off and join the party!

At some point the reservation will slow considerably if not just stop. There are only so many people that will jump on a product that has not been built yet. That is not hard to understand. Elio must get them on the road. There are some ways they could do it but it needs to happen sooner than latter.
40,000 may sound like a lot but in todays world not really. That number can work against them in many peoples mind. The question comes up ,if they have that many reservations why are they not building them? The other side of that Smart (really Dumb) car sells about 9-10,000 a year so Elio has over 4 years of their sales covered before that built one.
Even if they had more of them showing up at cars shows public events ect. anything to get a product not a picture in front of people.

Fred Yerrick

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
At some point the reservation will slow considerably if not just stop. There are only so many people that will jump on a product that has not been built yet. That is not hard to understand. Elio must get them on the road. There are some ways they could do it but it needs to happen sooner than latter.
40,000 may sound like a lot but in todays world not really. That number can work against them in many peoples mind. The question comes up ,if they have that many reservations why are they not building them? The other side of that Smart (really Dumb) car sells about 9-10,000 a year so Elio has over 4 years of their sales covered before that built one.
Even if they had more of them showing up at cars shows public events ect. anything to get a product not a picture in front of people.
Good things take time so join us and enjoy the ride!

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well I just talked to a neighbor who hadn't heard of the Elio. He loves his motorcycle but as he put it "Some mornings it's just to dang cold! If it had a cab I'd ride it everyday!" His family is New Orleans, LA transplant after Katrina! He and his wife went into the house after I told him, to look it up! May have made a sale today!

Last edited:

Keith Dahl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
remember that Beatles classic?

In the town where I was born,
Lived a man who made a car,
And he told us of his life,
In the land of Elio's.
So we drove on to the sun,
Till we found a three wheel car,
And we lived in the machine,