• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Reservations: 65341 As Of 6/20/2017

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Is there any way to determine what the reservations are? In other words, I am currently all in for $100. I wonder how many are all in for 1000, 500, etc. I'm trying to decide whether to pony up the additional $900 to get my car sooner. It's a balancing act of spending the money vs getting my car sooner. I assume that with the reservation that I have, I should get my car by the end of 2015. But if I bumped up my reservation, how much sooner would I get my car?
I don't imagine my question can be answered, but thought I'd throw it out there.

LockMD

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, CONGRATULATIONS LockMD, if that move doesn't get Ya some extra packages under the Christmas Tree this year, then NOTHING will, and I will stop believing in Santa Clause.

Wise man! :rolleyes:

Hope you wish comes true. . . . I'm waiting for vehicle# 3151.

Who knows, eddie, maybe we could be picking up our Elio's at the same time. Know some GREAT places to eat in the Shreveport / Bossier City area. If I do see Ya there, lunch will be on me! :D

Thanks Music Man and if I see you there, I'll introduce myself as Eddie for the free lunch :-)

JNR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, it's already been graphed similar by someone else, but here is the update. Impending bonus reduction and press push look to be increasing the reservations dramatically. To get 40,000 reservations by Thanksgiving there only needs to be a pace of 110 reservations per day.

ELIO RESERVATIONS 8-24.jpg

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I had the same q, and got great information- there is no aspect of the car that's not in here. came across graphs of the different money options, expected production schedule(s) and got a rush "meeting" people who are happy and glad to be a part of transportation history
for you, most important- the clock is ticking (Sept 1) the 50% incentive runs out- so if you really want an elio, go all in for the 1k (it'll be, eventually, $500 savings off the cost of the car). I'm sure it will move you up on the list, not sure how much faster, and don't forget you'll get your production number and "FREE" tee shirt and sticker- not in for the 1k? you don't get a number

Mark Ambrose

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's an excellent question. I'm all in at the $100 level also and have wondered the same thing. One thing to consider is getting the car a little later will allow for tweaks and adjustments in the assembly learning curve. Will the 2016 Elio have any improvements incorporated in the design that the most eager of us will have to live without? It's a balancing act.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's an excellent question. I'm all in at the $100 level also and have wondered the same thing. One thing to consider is getting the car a little later will allow for tweaks and adjustments in the assembly learning curve. Will the 2016 Elio have any improvements incorporated in the design that the most eager of us will have to live without? It's a balancing act.
I hedged my "bet", all in at 1k, and want in @100- try to sell the first at a premium, and wait for the second- If i just keep the first, get my 100 back!

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Well, Mark, based on that logic (and I've thought of that as well) we should probably all wait until 2017 or 2018 for them to, not only get the tweaks and adjustments out, but also fine tune the options vs standard features. The problem is, if you are on here, that probably means that, like me, you are WAY too anxious for a car to wait that long!

The balancing act there becomes, do I want to have one of the first of these that anyone has ever seen, as well as start saving money sooner? Or do I want a fully proven and refined vehicle? I'm in the former camp!

wayne kemp

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just wait 6 months after they hit the road and then pick up a used one. I'm looking at waiting 2 years after the kickoff date to get one. Then most of the bugs should be worked out and new items added to the car.

Top Bottom