• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Reservations: 65341 As Of 6/20/2017

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
Encouraging numbers for sure. Another positive facet: I thought I read that Paul Elio said 410 were reserved on one day during that 7-day span, so 1266 - 410 = 856 for the other 6 days, which still gives 856 / 6 = about 142.667 vehicles per day. So without that one huge day, that's still a great per-day rate.

I know, we've had the discussion that rates and trends are not that significant to some folks, just reservations coming in steadily over time. We had chewed on the bi-monthly rates, and saw how Feb-Mar was a certain rate, Apr-May was a bit higher rate, June-July was a much higher rate, and we were hoping for Aug-Sept's daily rate to be above 119 per day. So far so good!

Last edited:

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
To keep people realistic about the delivery schedule I do have to clarify a bit that Elio Motors will not start producing 250 Elios per shift on the very first day. I believe Paul Elio oversimplifies the plant start up process to make it easier to quickly explain in interviews and such.

The fact of the matter is that it will take them some period of time to ramp up to the expected line speed as this is a new vehicle rolling down a new assembly line with all new workers so they will encounter some kinks in the process which need to be ironed out. Elio Motors has directly addressed how long it will take for new vehicles to be manufactured in a blog entry dated April 11:

We happen to have a member, Zarquon, who made his reservation on the evening of April 11 and his number is 3686. The fact that Elio Motors estimates he would receive his vehicle 5-7 weeks after production begins up gives some good insight into how production will begin very slowly and ramp up from there.
I'm sure you're right about the ramp-up time. There will also be QC (quality control) issues popping up like dandelions as the line starts to run ... stuff you can't foresee until you're actually doing it. I figure my actual production number would be about 8,500 (all in for $250, but I'm going to try for another increment before 9/2). That suits me; I'd like some of the bugs worked out before MY Elio rolls off the line!

The only advantage to owning Elio numbers 1-1,000 would be if you wanted to store it in a garage for later collectability. I'd rather drive mine!

Top Bottom