• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Shreveport Plant Operations And Personnel Questions

elio_curious

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I got the ~ 307 per week from 16,000 (cars ordered) / 52 (weeks in a year)

Maybe the $120Mil is counting on many owners choosing upgrades :)

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm all for believing Escude's premise is wrong. No doubt at some point there will be a day with production numbers at 87 +/- but that is nor necessarily a constant.
First day might only be 41, That doesn't mean that it will be stuck at 41 forever. Got to work the bugs out so that it can improve

Where's Ty when we need him..................? :)

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRjzs45HTYky36hdtcQuTt5rqlQgFndGOeKgBcpFq7WYnO28QgX.jpg

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Where's Ty when we need him..................? :)
Lol... I'm right here. If I remember correctly, GM would shut down between models and then walk the first one down the line while making adjustments (there weren't many). Then, they'd send another one down the line and all the people who just did the first one would perform their 52 second or less task. Then, they'd start up the line for real and go maybe half speed. They would you d a bell and speed it up as the day went till they got back to a speed of about 54 seconds. Now, each station had a pull cord that would stop the line. They didn't stop it very often. Now, those line workers were very good and since there were minor tweaks, it wasn't like they were learning a new job.

I do not, of course, expect Elio to be able to get that fast that quick. It'll be a simpler car with fewer options (GM used 27 different cross-border harnesses for different truck configurations for goodness sakes). They'll use fewer employees performing fewer operations but each will take about that same 52 seconds. Now, Elio won't fire up the line without having parts on hand so I expect suppliers to be well locked in and producing parts in advance. Those first day or two Elio guys, say, 250 or so will have some trouble picking up their cars. I think it is important for Elio to make a big deal about getting that first car out and handing the keys to the new owner... press should be there and there should be champagne, etc. They should make it look like the happiest day ever. Then, watch the orders come in fast and furious!

H2odog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Is there anyone on here from Shreveport? We need someone who can tell us when they start to hire personnel at the plant. It will take awhile to gear up, with both equipment and training workers. When this starts it will be just a matter of time. Hopefully, they will hire in a lot of people who use to build the HUMV.
I'm not sure that having someone in Shreveport, or even in La for that matter is necessary, as it is certain to be in the news.

Top Bottom