• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Shreveport Plant Operations And Personnel Questions

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
But those are niches. And because it looks so different from the majority of cars on the road, it's always going to have a small market share of those niches.
Same niches and demographics as the original VW Beetle's 'small' market share with millions of VW Beetles sold........and it looked like a Bug.......my first car by the way.....a '59 VW Beetle .

Cali Chris

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, now you have. I think it's ugly as sin and my friends and family are all laughing at me for even considering it. But as long as the warranty service situation gets straightened out, 9 gallons of gas per week is a lot cheaper than 26.
You will save an extraordinary amount of money for the purchase and at the pump. Saving money is smart. There is beauty in being smart.

paddy's wagon

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Shreveport is a port. There are lock and dams to the port of New Orleans. Barge traffic to and from plants on the Red River is robust. Although Louisiana is a right to work state the auto industry was union from the get go. So each plant will have the opportunity to decide, union or not.

Cali Chris

Elio Addict
Reaction score
But those are niches. And because it looks so different from the majority of cars on the road, it's always going to have a small market share of those niches.
So, by that rational the SUV is a niche market? It's good for hauling cargo, transporting groups of people and towing something. That's a smaller niche than what was listed for the Elio.

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So, by that rational the SUV is a niche market? It's good for hauling cargo, transporting groups of people and towing something. That's a smaller niche than what was listed for the Elio.
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSmXtzG2BWZ7iocXKCb90xYHlZg_vz5fEMsDvFeTcQ-HaoX5RWy.jpg

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The SUV is the equivalent of the station wagon of the baby boomers generation. I've never considered it a niche vehicle. The more expensive upscale ones may be status symbols for some but they are functionally still the current generation's "station wagon"

creekstone

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Shreveport is a port. There are lock and dams to the port of New Orleans. Barge traffic to and from plants on the Red River is robust. Although Louisiana is a right to work state the auto industry was union from the get go. So each plant will have the opportunity to decide, union or not.
The Shreveport plant will have ample capacity to meet demand for quite some time.
Between rail (the plant has it's own spur) and access to the Gulf of Mexico, Elio autocycles will flow to the masses.:)

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Shreveport plant will have ample capacity to meet demand for quite some time.
Between rail (the plant has it's own spur) and access to the Gulf of Mexico, Elio autocycles will flow to the masses.:)
And the largest inland port of entry is the new Santa Teresa port which is adjacent to a brand new Union Pacific rail hub right here in New Mexico. More than 80 trains a day transit this east-west route. It is also within a couple of miles of the I-25 (northbound) and I-10 (east-west) junction.

Top Bottom