• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Shreveport Times - 7/24/2015 - Have Any Questions For Paul Elio? Send Them To The The Times

JNR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"What is the earliest date an Elio will roll off the assembly line? Not in six months. It should be less than two years."

ARGH!
I saw that and said to myself "If that is true, why say that now, here? Can of worms opened. Please let that be a typo (as there were many in that article) or a misunderstanding of some sort."

IMHO, I didn't see production by this time next year possible, and as a big supporter I've had a problem with Paul's ability to manage the timeline. That being said, if I were Elio I'd keep shooting for it with all the energy and positivity I have and when it is obvious I couldn't meet by more than a few months. Then and only then say something and if it is time to say something, be up front in the Elio newsletter to us first. Don't let it slip in a interview with your local paper that keeps digging at you as it is. Even the most positive doubter out there is going to read this as most likely by June 2017, but not guaranteed. If that is the case, and they only just recalibrated their time frame 6 months ago and it may slip by 12 months in that time frame, your low credibility sinks even lower.

2ndrew

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Waiting sucks, but as long as they keep making progress (getting bills passed, building 25 prototypes, touring and demo-ing) then I'll be OK. I want the vehicle and I don't want to lose my money. As long as it happens eventually, delays will be forgiven. I can't even imaging starting my own small business; starting a car company is a risky, and very difficult venture. The reservation holders need to keep supporting Elio until they are finally successful, or ultimately fail.

JNR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Waiting sucks, but as long as they keep making progress (getting bills passed, building 25 prototypes, touring and demo-ing) then I'll be OK. I want the vehicle and I don't want to lose my money. As long as it happens eventually, delays will be forgiven. I can't even imaging starting my own small business; starting a car company is a risky, and very difficult venture. The reservation holders need to keep supporting Elio until they are finally successful, or ultimately fail.

That may be true for me and you and other diehards that truly understand the difficulty of bringing this to market. But my concern is the negativity is so strong with these delays and we can see the reservation growth has grown to a crawl. The crowdfunding, although has gone well, I think is severely dampened by the lack of confidence in the vehicle ever being produced.

Top Bottom