• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Shreveport Times - 7/24/2015 - Have Any Questions For Paul Elio? Send Them To The The Times

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"What is the earliest date an Elio will roll off the assembly line? Not in six months. It should be less than two years."

ARGH!

Yep, that really jumped out at me, too. That would be very disappointing. I am the most positive of supporters, but I think another delay past the middle of 2016 will be an Elio killer. Hope Paul just misspoke. i guess we will find out next month when they have the next summit and try to finalize deadlines.

2ndrew

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
That may be true for me and you and other diehards that truly understand the difficulty of bringing this to market. But my concern is the negativity is so strong with these delays and we can see the reservation growth has grown to a crawl. The crowdfunding, although has gone well, I think is severely dampened by the lack of confidence in the vehicle ever being produced.

I'm really hoping that the prototypes, with the IAV engine, keep current reservation holders interested, and will generate enough buzz for new people and auto news websites.

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yep, that really jumped out at me, too. That would be very disappointing. I am the most positive of supporters, but I think another delay past the middle of 2016 will be an Elio killer. Hope Paul just misspoke. i guess we will find out next month when they have the next summit and try to finalize deadlines.
I don't think it will kill Elio, the elephant in the room is (ultimately) most Elios will go to non reservation holders in the end. Once they start rolling off the assembly line no one will care..

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't think it will kill Elio, the elephant in the room is (ultimately) most Elios will go to non reservation holders in the end. Once they start rolling off the assembly line no one will care..
agreed. Those of us that have been here a while may get frustrated and bail, but we are but a small (though faithful) part of the target market. This could happen ten years from now, some of us long gone (both physically and emotionally), yet they will surely find their following.

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
agreed. Those of us that have been here a while may get frustrated and bail, but we are but a small (though faithful) part of the target market. This could happen ten years from now, some of us long gone (both physically and emotionally), yet they will surely find their following.
Yea, if it came out in 2020, we would all be pissed, but there are literally millions who would buy one without knowing all the drama that preceded the development and sale of the Elio.

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score

I'll always be a supporter and would never bail. Definitely in this for the long haul. I just worry that any further delays will definitely cause doubt for further investors and despite what Paul says, I would be doubtful that Elio would be given a second extension for hiring people at the plant. Losing the plant would be catastrophic in my opinion. That said, I hope Paul misspoke and we are still good and on track mid 2016. Always a believer.

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think we all need to keep in mind that Paul is a techie and sometimes answers questions the way he thinks they mean rather than what was actually asked. Also, Alexandria Burris has not always done the most accurate job of reporting what was said. Let's face it, this started out with a meeting at the plant and morphed into a telephone interview. I was intrigued enough by the limited number of questions that I subscribed to make sure I was getting everything that was written and what is there is all of it.

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think we all need to keep in mind that Paul is a techie and sometimes answers questions the way he thinks they mean rather than what was actually asked. Also, Alexandria Burris has not always done the most accurate job of reporting what was said. Let's face it, this started out with a meeting at the plant and morphed into a telephone interview. I was intrigued enough by the limited number of questions that I subscribed to make sure I was getting everything that was written and what is there is all of it.

That's kind of funny. She made a big deal about the interview and soliciting questions and that's all she wrote?

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I normally don't get too annoyed. But this time I did.
As a result, I posted the following to ElioMotors Facebook page.............

Yesterday, Paul was on a telephone interview with the Shreveport Times.
----> http://www.shreveporttimes.com/story/news/2015/07/23/times-interviewing-paul-elio/30561561/ <------ During the call he is quoted as responding to the question: "What is the earliest date an Elio will roll off the assembly line?" ........."Not in six months. It should be less than two years."................... Not a real encouraging thing to hear. Was that a slip of the tongue, or a warning that there would be another delay?

Probably not the smartest thing I have ever done

Top Bottom