• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Sondors Electric Car

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
(And in re-reading my comment, I realized I just used a feature common around here, where distances are measured in time rather than miles, i.e., "It takes you about 90 minutes to get there from here.")

That's pretty common out here in Western Washington as well. Not sure how common it is, but I know it's not a nationwide trend.

Muzhik

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That's pretty common out here in Western Washington as well. Not sure how common it is, but I know it's not a nationwide trend.
No, out East, where it's basically one large metroplex from southern New Hampshire down to northern Georgia, they tend to go consistently with "miles" since time depends much more on traffic condition and the route you choose than it does to areas west of the Appalachians.

voyager

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sonders is a get it done personality.............and it's a 3 seater. It could be an interesting year on the Sonder's front.

Best Wishes, RickB. Where have you read that the Sondors trike will be a three-seater? Can't see where there's supposed to be any room. His trike reminds me of a Polaris Slingshot, but then fully enclosed.

96421783.jpg
iln5la1r0z2jv8l5.png

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I like the business model idea of ordering on-line/delivered to your door and the six tools included for dyi repairs and/or the Sonder's Service App. If Sonders actually has the running prototype he promises in 2017, it's likely he can accomplish the Mission of getting his EV to market. However, for now it's waiting for yet another interesting concept. I think a competent, experienced, and skilled prototype builder can accomplish a quality build in that time frame.

Muzhik

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Interesting. I imagine the single rear seat acts as the trunk. I'm sure you can fift a number of overnight bags into that spot. Not as many as if someone is actually sitting there, but...

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes, the rear seating compartment for cargo storage much like the Elio, but expect the Sonder's would have a spacious frunk for cargo stoarge as well.

KenK

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes, the rear seating compartment for cargo storage much like the Elio, but expect the Sonder's would have a spacious frunk for cargo stoarge as well.

I'm having difficulty imagining the seating position of the rear occupant based on the profile and rear wheel position. It's a car, not a Tardis. :D

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm having difficulty imagining the seating position of the rear occupant based on the profile and rear wheel position. It's a car, not a Tardis. :D

That is just a rendering, in the actual design phase we may see the car lengthen or elimination of the back seat. I look forward to seeing where this one goes!

Top Bottom