• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Sondors Electric Car

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
ForgetSondors...WSW 12/30...ICE for now
Sailor Dog, I may forget the Sonders after 8 + years if he is still crappin around with no proof of concept/prototype build, no testing/validation, no ride and drive event schedules, no funding, huge debt, financial woes, and keeps pushing out production. I may begin to question his ability to get it done while still maintaining interest by frequenting the SondersOwners Forum because I like and respect the members and hope the Sonders concept reaches production for all the members that have non-refundable reservations and high risk investment. Also, I may or may not have maintained my Sonder's refundable reservation by that time.

I have an ICE for now..........and the previous 54 years or car ownership. I'm open for a change providing it meets my needs.

NOTE: I think Sonders will build a proof of concept for under $1 Million as did Electra Meccanica with their Solo Build.

Added NOTE: The Tango Commuter Prototype was developed to production ready status for under a Million Dollars and sold as a Kit Car. It can be done.

Last edited:

Sailor Dog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sailor Dog, I may forget the Sonders after 8 + years if he is still crappin around with no proof of concept/prototype build, no testing/validation, no ride and drive event schedules, no funding, huge debt, financial woes, and keeps pushing out production. I may begin to question his ability to get it done while still maintaining interest by frequenting the SondersOwners Forum because I like and respect the members and hope the Sonders concept reaches production for all the members that have non-refundable reservations and high risk investment. Also, I may or may not have maintained my Sonder's refundable reservation by that time.

I have an ICE for now..........and the previous 54 years or car ownership. I'm open for a change providing it meets my needs.

NOTE: I think Sonders will build a proof of concept for under $1 Million as did Electra Meccanica with their Solo Build.
Check out the NYTimes article for typical costs.

Officespaced

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's decent looking vehicle. I like the seating better and enclosed front wheels over Elio:

upload_2016-12-31_14-28-44.png

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Awesome electric 3 wheeler I must say. wider profile w/ no expose wheels up front, side by side front seats and impeccable styling for a projected price of 10K is a no brainer! I don't blame you at all Rickb for getting excited about this one. Hopefully the wait won't be too long for everybody to buy this baby.;)

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes, but with the wider front, it's not going to get the electric equivalent mileage that an Elio will get.
I like the wider front better because it'll be like driving a regular car w/ two seats up front, I may even forget that there's only 1 wheel at the rear so yes, I wouldn't mind less mileage compare to the ELIO. The design also is really great...that is if they can really deliver it at their projected 10K because it can be expensive making the body panels, I'm guessing because of it's sporty lines. It would be interesting if they offer it w/ a 3 cylinder engine. I think I'll make an investment before they close the window on it. W/c one will hatch first, chicken or egg....err...ELIO or SONDORS??? :D

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes, but with the wider front, it's not going to get the electric equivalent mileage that an Elio will get.
Both vehicles are in the proof of concept stage with no official testing results on which to compare mileage equivalents and or aerodynamics. It seems logical that the Elio is pushing less air, but mpg validation testing is the key.

I'm more interested in range over mpge on the Sonder's EV.

Muzhik

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It seems logical that the Elio is pushing less air, but mpg validation testing is the key.

I'm more interested in range over mpge on the Sonder's EV.
Agreed. I live in a part of the country that is on a sort of cusp, where access to jobs, professionals, etc. may be 30 miles away. You may be a 10-minute drive to your job or a 5 minute drive to the grocery store, but getting to a decent steakhouse is a 20-mile trip one way.

(And in re-reading my comment, I realized I just used a feature common around here, where distances are measured in time rather than miles, i.e., "It takes you about 90 minutes to get there from here.")

Top Bottom