• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Standard Equipment And Options

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ouch. I've seen that spec sheet before, but never noticed that. I guess I was too busy reading the specs. There's not even an Elio logo on it. Someone definitely dropped the ball on that one.

It makes me wonder if it was intended to be printed on pre-printed letterhead. Maybe on official company stationary. Even still, you'd think they'd want a separate version for posting on the Internet that has all that stuff included.

Resolved! Man, that was quick! Or at least they're going to take care of it soon. ;)

Elio.PNG

Muzhik

Elio Addict
Reaction score
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feature_creep

There is a point where adding more features becomes detrimental to a project, even terminal.

A stock Elio in the driveway is worth two still in the engineering and prototyping phases.
Having worked in IT all my adult life, I am more than familiar with "feature creep". "Better" is the enemy of "good enough".

I'm just amazed at the number of things that are now considered to be "standard equipment". I remember when an FM stereo was an option you paid extra for. I remember when there were some models you couldn't even get air conditioning as an option, because they didn't design the layout for the extra parts.

(spoken in an old, quivery voice) Why, you young hooligans! I remember when you had to pay extra for an ENGINE! Cars were powered by gerbils in those days. Gerbils in cages!

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Having worked in IT all my adult life, I am more than familiar with "feature creep". "Better" is the enemy of "good enough".

I'm just amazed at the number of things that are now considered to be "standard equipment". I remember when an FM stereo was an option you paid extra for. I remember when there were some models you couldn't even get air conditioning as an option, because they didn't design the layout for the extra parts.

(spoken in an old, quivery voice) Why, you young hooligans! I remember when you had to pay extra for an ENGINE! Cars were powered by gerbils in those days. Gerbils in cages!
Gee Mr. Muzhik, are you the elder that speaks of floppies? (Konica Minolta commercial)

nickskeys

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have seen the actual dash and I do hate it and I am calling it ugly!
You have the option to tear it out and put anything you want in there. You could even overlay it with analog gauges, and a PRND12 window at the bottom, an oil gauge, gas gauge, trip meter, and 50 idiot lights that cars have now. It could look like Christmas in July! I like things simple, that don't distract me from my driving pleasure. Thank you

KD

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Ha ha, my 1972 Nova, with a 250 c.i. powerplant, 3 on the tree, vinyl seating, no carpets, no power anything, did not even have the hole in the dash for any kind of radio. Much less an F.M. version! Thing leaked like a sieve, back seat floorboards would fill up with water when it rained, a day later it would be dry. Same thing with the trunk. Front wasn'the as bad. I drove that vehicle till it had 130, 000 miles on it. Drive train was still good. The rest of it, not so much. Oh those were the days.

Muzhik

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ha ha, my 1972 Nova, with a 250 c.i. powerplant, 3 on the tree, vinyl seating, no carpets, no power anything, did not even have the hole in the dash for any kind of radio. Much less an F.M. version! Thing leaked like a sieve, back seat floorboards would fill up with water when it rained, a day later it would be dry. Same thing with the trunk. Front wasn'the as bad. I drove that vehicle till it had 130, 000 miles on it. Drive train was still good. The rest of it, not so much. Oh those were the days.
I remember reading that when the car was being marketed in South America (Brazil? Argentina?) they had to find a new name, because in the local dialect, "No Va" meant "Doesn't Run".

Top Bottom