• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Standard Equipment And Options

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Moving numbers is a NO-NO, they require being read. No serious tach or speedo forces the driver to read moving numbers, rather the angle of the pointer is sufficient, easily determinable without actually having to move your eye off the road constantly to read it. For those who opt for a stick shift, the tach, in first gear, will move so rapidly it will be useless.
I do agree that the moving numbers may be a bit hard to read. Won't know until I actually get to drive one, though.

When I drove a stick, I never looked at the tach when shifting. I shifted by the sound of the engine, and the feel of the car. The only time I ever looked at the tach was when I was driving at a constant speed, to see if I had enough room to up-shift. It was a two-door coupe, but it wasn't a race car. (1998 Saturn SC-2) (Maybe a '99, it was the first year they made a three-door version. I loved that car...)

This dash has the smallest tach and speedo I have ever seen by a factor of at least 4.
From what has been reported, this isn't true. The size of the gauge and numbers are the same as most any other car. They just look smaller, especially in pictures, because of the small window size. Again, I'm not going to really judge the legibility of it until I get a chance to sit in it. Especially since they're not going to change it for the first year models anyway.

I have already purchased my curved SHIFT-I, progressive shift light system to overlay the puny tach window.
Looks interesting. How much? Manufacturer's web site lists $160.00, but they're out of stock on everything, and there appears to be a new model coming soon.

nickskeys

Elio Addict
Reaction score
And this is close to what it will look like with the Skyz system
View attachment 7532

The Skyz system will be able to do camera displays, along with information about the AutoCar, and GPS
Folks, just WAIT until you see the actual dash before hating it, or calling it ugly. The center pods are FULL of necessary information, as well as the outer rings. The photographs don't do it justice. I love the simplicity of the entire dash. Simple yet functional. The right hand holder for a phone or tablet, with USB and aux. ports behind all adds to the sophistication of this dash. Even the steering wheel feels just right, not too big, and not too small. The interior as I saw it, is perfection and I hope that Elio keeps it close to this iteration.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In other words, EM always intended to serve simple meat and potatoes, maybe sometimes with mushrooms or sautéed spinach. If you're looking instead for filet Mignon with lobster and foie gras, topped with truffle shavings, or even if you're just looking for pan seared Chilean sea bass with arugula salad dressed with a balsamic vinaigrette, you're better off going to the restaurant across town.
I'm sorry - your post should be under recipes. (me smiling)

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I do agree that the moving numbers may be a bit hard to read. Won't know until I actually get to drive one, though.

"When I drove a stick, I never looked at the tach when shifting. I shifted by the sound of the engine, and the feel of the car. The only time I ever looked at the tach was when I was driving at a constant speed, to see if I had enough room to up-shift. It was a two-door coupe, but it wasn't a race car."

not always, I could shift without the clutch, and no tach

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Folks, just WAIT until you see the actual dash before hating it, or calling it ugly. The center pods are FULL of necessary information, as well as the outer rings. The photographs don't do it justice. I love the simplicity of the entire dash. Simple yet functional. The right hand holder for a phone or tablet, with USB and aux. ports behind all adds to the sophistication of this dash. Even the steering wheel feels just right, not too big, and not too small. The interior as I saw it, is perfection and I hope that Elio keeps it close to this iteration.
I have seen it and idiot lights don't provide information, just warnings. There are far more functions I want than idiot lights can provide.
But to each his own; if you like what is in your vehicle that's all that matters.
I want something more in mine; this is why it's called "Personalizing it".

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have seen the actual dash and I do hate it and I am calling it ugly!

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As an ignorant bystander, I assume that some of the major players in automotive gadgets and accessories also play in the aftermarket sandbox. 1) Repackage the thing you've already developed, 2) jack up the price, 3) ship it to re-sellers, 4) profit.
I don't think so. OEM parts are always more expensive than aftermarket substitute parts. I doubt they will be jacking up the price.

Top Bottom