• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Steering Wheel Questions? Tilt? Telescopic? Size? Material?

JP

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would be interested to know what vehicles many of the parts are currently used on. It would be great if they would publish a list sometime near or shortly after production.
If over 80% of the parts content is preexisting then it would be a no-brainer to go to your local salvage yard and get that tilt column (or whatever other upgrade) if the Elio does not have it from the factory. Could be a great opportunity for elio outfitters as well.

Hmm... I might have to open a new specialty shop: "Elio Outfitters" has a nice ring to it.
You all saw it here first. No stealing my name!

I do know the steering wheel is off a 2009 Camaro

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
I would be interested to know what vehicles many of the parts are currently used on. It would be great if they would publish a list sometime near or shortly after production.
If over 80% of the parts content is preexisting then it would be a no-brainer to go to your local salvage yard and get that tilt column (or whatever other upgrade) if the Elio does not have it from the factory. Could be a great opportunity for elio outfitters as well.

Hmm... I might have to open a new specialty shop: "Elio Outfitters" has a nice ring to it.

I have no doubt this information will be made available about the time the first deliveries are made as how else would we know what parts to use.

Brainmatter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have no doubt this information will be made available about the time the first deliveries are made as how else would we know what parts to use.
The AAIA has a database. It's basically a catalog of what part fits what (that is a super duper simplified explanation). All elio has to do is provide the part numbers to AAIA and BAM, overnight (o.k. in month..) you have a list of elio parts available to all auto parts stores. They look up a wiper for an elio and the computer spits out a P.N.
But, they do not necessarily cross reference any of those numbers, so someone somewhere would have to do that.
The U.S. auto parts industry, especially the after-market, is pretty efficient. Despite the impression some of the counter 'kids' give you. :rolleyes:

JN2Wheels

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I looked into this, and discovered it will be tilting and telescoping. I don't recall where I found the info. It was official, though. I'll try to find the relevant source.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Has anyone heard if tilt wheel will be standard or an option? I haven't found a thread about that yet, and I hate to drive a car without it.
Haven't heard but I speculate that cost is the overriding issue. If anything a tilt steering wheel would probably make it as an option if enough folks asked about it, same thing with "paddle shifters".......

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Why not franchise it?

Top Bottom