• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The E-series Build.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
By now you've seen the released interior email and picture. So what are the squares below the speakers for? And what kind of radio is that?? No presets??? Might have to upgrade after all.....
The little squares are defroster ducts for the side windows; most all cars have them in one shape or another.
It's supposed to defrost the front half of the window so you can see the side mirrors.
While you're measuring, can you get me the diameter of the Elgin "circles" please?

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It will be MUCH quieter once I install all of the sound insulation. My truck's cabin is about as quiet as a Bentley and with the upgraded speakers & amplifier, the noise floor is a non-issue. It's not quite at a top level audiophile listening room level, but it's plenty good enough to hear compression artifacts from lossy codecs at low bitrates.
But it will add weight, that will probably take you down to 75 MPG !!! :p

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That head unit is exactly what I want: a simple AM/FM radio with an aux input. I don't particularly care about bluetooth. Pairing is a hassle and sound quality through a wire is better.

I'm sure there are presets, you probably just have to cycle through rather than have separate buttons for each.

I mainly want bluetooth for handsfree phone calls. It is illegal here to talk on the phone without handsfree and my wife often calls me on the way home with a list of stuff to pick up from the store and knows that I will not be reading texts on the road.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I mainly want bluetooth for handsfree phone calls. It is illegal here to talk on the phone without handsfree and my wife often calls me on the way home with a list of stuff to pick up from the store and knows that I will not be reading texts on the road.
Two mornings ago, while on the way home from work, I passed one of our town's patrol SUVs.

It was going the other direction.

The LEO inside was driving while talking on his hand-held cell phone. :mad:

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Two mornings ago, while on the way home from work, I passed one of our town's patrol SUVs.

It was going the other direction.

The LEO inside was driving while talking on his hand-held cell phone. :mad:
You know the saying: "Don't do as we do, Do as we say". ;)

My neighbor is a State Patrol Cop; I asked him "how come it's ok for you to have an open laptop that you read and work on while you drive; but it's a major "distracted driving violation" for anyone else?"
His answer: "We're trained to multitask while driving".

Here's my perfect answer if I ever get pulled over for a cell phone violation.

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You know the saying: "Don't do as we do, Do as we say". ;)

My neighbor is a State Patrol Cop; I asked him "how come it's ok for you to have an open laptop that you read and work on while you drive; but it's a major "distracted driving violation" for anyone else?"
His answer: "We're trained to multitask while driving".

Here's my perfect answer if I ever get pulled over for a cell phone violation.

Here in WA, EMS and Tow Truck drivers can also drive w/cell phones. It's less about training, and more about balancing public safety needs. The small percentage of exempted drivers is considered an acceptable risk for the service that they provide to public safety in general.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here in WA, EMS and Tow Truck drivers can also drive w/cell phones. It's less about training, and more about balancing public safety needs. The small percentage of exempted drivers is considered an acceptable risk for the service that they provide to public safety in general.
~Yes. Double standards are needed to keep the population in check. Egalitarianism is dead! Good riddance.~

"All animals are created equal - but some animals are more equal than others."

Top Bottom