• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Ever Falling Hp Of The Elio.... :(

How slow are you willing to go 0-60 mph?

• the faster the better!

Votes: 23 15.2%
  • under 8.0 sec

Votes: 6 4.0%
  • under 9.0 sec

Votes: 7 4.6%
  • under 10.0 sec (original Elio claim)

Votes: 89 58.9%
  • As slow as necessary to ensure 84 mgp hwy

Votes: 26 17.2%

• Total voters

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Maybe it was simpler to say, when you have more power than what all the drag (rolling and aero) and the internal friction (drive train) requires. That extra power goes to acceleration based on the formula F=MA. So you accelerate gaining more drag until things balance out and again there is no-extra power left for acceleration.
Was that better? Hmm maybe. It didn't specify anything about what aerodynamic or rolling drag was.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Under 9 sec for our ELIO is possible with it's 5 speed manual. Half a car, half the weight, UNDERweight driver, on a relatively calm, zero wind weather, use of premium unleaded, I'll make it to 9 under!:flame::D

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So if I'm understand this correctly.... you press the pedal down, and the car speeds up until it can no longer speed up?
Think of manual shift....you can push the gas pedal all the way down from first gear and it won't go any faster until you shift to second, and to third, etc. At fifth and last gear, it will go faster and OFFSET drag with more power. It CAN however go faster without adding more power if our ELIO is shaped like a WING, unfortunately it's not! :D Seriously speaking, I believe that EM are withholding all the performance result of their brand new engine at a given time that will surprise all of us...if they can stay true with their projected net weight, that new engine will perform like a charm and meets or exceeds 84mpg and 100+ mph. ;)

Top Bottom