• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The P5: What Would You Change?

DanS

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If people are concerned about voiding their warranty they shouldn't do things that will void it.
That's a personal decision. It isn't Elio's responsibility.
I never said anything about it being their responsibility. I think they should stick to their plans and put the Elgin instruments in as stock. BUT...one would think they would see the GREAT potential for selling an upgradable option that has so much interest and at the same time keep people from voiding the warranty. That's what I call a "Win - Win"!!

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I asked Karnaj a question about how people at the show were reacting to the Elgin dash while he was at the show.
He said, "no one said anything about the dash; they were just raving about the P5 though".

Which is something I was thinking about; we here have had the time to dissect every angle of the Elio more than anyone at an auto show would ever take the time to do; so PE and EM are not hearing the same input about the dash from the general public.
It's not going to be until people start taking delivery that they will have the time to focus on it.
So it won't be until the Elio has been in private hands, and media has more time to concentrate on the "small things" that the real negative feed back about the dash is going to happen.
So we can all sit here screaming about the dash, but we are only 3,000+ of the 47,000 that have some type of investment in the Elio.

If you truly want to get the word to PE and EM something more would have to be done other than all of us sitting here bitching about it.
Best advise is to come up with viable options and do a professional presentation for a reason why to replace it and get that posted in a spot that the general public can see it. I feel that would carry a far stronger message to PE and EM.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If the Elio has OBD, I don't think I'm going to have that much of a problem.
Just "tint out" the Elgin and reflect a HUD off of the dark plexi-glass or the windshield.

Lots of inexpensive alternatives that don't look all that bad.
HUD2.jpg
HUD1.jpg
HUD3.jpg

*Click here to see inexpensive HUDs at Amazon

Last edited:

Karnaj

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If the Elio has OBD II, I don't think I'm going to have that much of a problem.
Just "tint out" the Elgin and reflect a HUD either off of the tinted platic or off of the windshield.

Lots of inexpensive alternatives that don't look all that bad.

http://www.amazon.com/docooler®-Digital-Display-SPEEDOMETER-installation/dp/B00KWYSWL8/ref=sr_1_3?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1448770352&sr=1-3&keywords=Digital+speedometer
It does have OBD-II like abilities... read only. You will not be able to change anything just pull information. This should be enough for what it sounds like you want to do.

Top Bottom