• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

This Is Going To Be The Death Of Us!

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Volunteers wouldn't have to be put in the most demanding skill level or dangerous positions necessarily. That said, I'm sure there are those who have many hours in the seat of a fork lift, even up to the seat of a yard tractor (semi), or anything in between. I'm sure there are those that are expert at driving a broom or mop too, or even know how to do anything from operating a grease gun to keeping up with the lbs of scrap going out the gate to keeping a running inventory of tires. We could get excited about this thing!
I think that is a wonderfully "Utopian" Idea, and would love to see it work. I tend to agree with LIL4X, tho. Too many "opportunists" out there. Even volunteers would need "background checks" (weed out the some of the "slip and fall" experts, corporate spies, saboteurs) just to make sure people are qualified to do...whatever. Then "insure" everybody. :eek:

Wheelthang

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
How would Elio be able to differentiate the volunteers from people wanting to rip-off stuff or cause havoc? Too many bad peole out there for Elio to take the chance. :(
If we had enough unpaid volunteers, Elio could certainly afford to employ legit security guards to watch the rest of us.

TexasLilly

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Well Wheaters, if it does go south (no offense to our southern state members), we already have a support group in place. We'll just change the name of the forum to Elios Anonymous and pretend like they're still going to build it. Denial can take you a long way if you work at it long enough! :rolleyes:

Hi everyone...time to stop lurking.

I am a retired therapist. I will be glad to facilitate the group if "THAT" happens. Withdrawal is ugly.

BillZ

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We are 16-18 months away from getting our cars. There are 2000 members on this site. Say 20 (10%) are very active. Monitoring all of the posts through the feed, responding to posts and questions, starting new threads, etc... 18 months at this intensity level is going to kill me! I can't soak up enough of this information! I monitor at work, I check the feeds when I get home. A couple of times in the evening and weekends. Before I go to bed.

I'm doomed...:confused:
THAT'S WAT I'M TALKIN' 'BOUT!!! We're all doomed!

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hi everyone...time to stop lurking.

I am a retired therapist. I will be glad to facilitate the group if "THAT" happens. Withdrawal is ugly.
Lilly, welcome to the forum which offers you plenty of subjects to work with. Hope you find the forum informative and entertaining and I know it has plenty of us on this journey may need your services...LOL. Welcome to the journey and enjoy the experience.

TexasLilly

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Lilly, welcome to the forum which offers you plenty of subjects to work with. Hope you find the forum informative and entertaining and I know it has plenty of us on this journey may need your services...LOL. Welcome to the journey and enjoy the experience.

Thanks! Looks (sounds?) like a great group to me.

Top Bottom