• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Tough Sell?

Muzhik

Elio Addict
Reaction score
One consideration I didn't mention.

500 Barrels of crude weighs approximately 68.75 ton.
290 ton of rufuse material minus 68.75 tons of oil = 221.25 ton
I'm wondering what that 221.21 ton of waste from the process is...
And how it's going to be disposed of (or used).
There are other byproducts that are created such as gasses and other petrochemicals. The gasses would be burned to generate the heat needed for the process or to generate electricity for the plant, and the other byproducts would be sold.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
One consideration I didn't mention.

500 Barrels of crude weighs approximately 68.75 ton.
290 ton of rufuse material minus 68.75 tons of oil = 221.25 ton
I'm wondering what that 221.21 ton of waste from the process is...
And how it's going to be disposed of (or used).
Seems like a good argument for an EVElio.

My armchair quarterbacking thinks EM missed the boat and should have developed the $6800, 84 mpg Elio ICE and an $11,800 240 MPGe Electric Elio in parallel. It may have positively influenced the ATVM loan approval process. The EVElio Urban and the Elio Suburban commuter duo.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Today I attended a workshop of people interested in environmental, social, and spiritual equality. About 60 people attended. This was primarily an over-60 group. At the end of the meeting we were invited to speak for 30 seconds max on something we thought was a positive step.

I spoke for 25 seconds delivering my elevator speech, reprinted here:

What’s Elio (the car)?
84 mpg
$6800
Half a car wide, a whole car long
2 Passengers, 3 wheels
Well equipped
Safe and Fun!

Why Elio (the project)?
Save Money
Save Gas
Save the Planet
Create American Job

Learn more at Eliomotors.com

There was sustained and loud applause from this pretty restrained group. I gave those who asked shirt-pocket size copies of this speech. About 10 people requested them, and one of them said "I have to take this back to my work group".

Pick the right group and deliver a tight message, and there's no tough sell at all!

TCBronson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Today I attended a workshop of people interested in environmental, social, and spiritual equality. About 60 people attended. This was primarily an over-60 group. At the end of the meeting we were invited to speak for 30 seconds max on something we thought was a positive step.

What’s Elio (the car)?
84 mpg
$6800
2 Passengers, 3 wheels
Well equipped
Safe and Fun!

Why Elio (the project)?
Save Money
Save Gas
Save the Planet
Create American Job

There was sustained and loud applause from this pretty restrained group. I gave those who asked shirt-pocket size copies of this speech. About 10 people requested them, and one of them said "I have to take this back to my work group".

Pick the right group and deliver a tight message, and there's no tough sell at all!

Nice job! Now all we need to do is get you some speaking engagements and send you out to travel the country spreading the Gospel of Elio!

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Nice job! Now all we need to do is get you some speaking engagements and send you out to travel the country spreading the Gospel of Elio!
Feel free to use the elevator speech yourself! But at 25 seconds per speech, there aren't going to be a lot of takers!

Actually, I'm aware that as Elio grows and is being treated as a publicly traded company, they are getting much fussier about such things as handouts and other "collateral" material (as it's called). But I for one would be happy to show my own pictures of Elio (and others can use them, too, just ask) and elaborate on the Elevator Speech at any length the audience would like.

It might be a good idea for EM to develop a "speakers bureau" of people in various areas who can in fact deliver a good talk about the Elio. You've made a good suggestion and I'll pass it along. But be aware: Elio is becoming more and more controlling over all aspects of its public communications, so they may not go for the idea.

Still, I like the idea -- I could talk to Rotary and similar groups for any set length, armed only with EM's own published materials (and don't really need those at this point). Must be others of us with good speaking skills. So let's see what happens.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Feel free to use the elevator speech yourself! But at 25 seconds per speech, there aren't going to be a lot of takers!

Actually, I'm aware that as Elio grows and is being treated as a publicly traded company, they are getting much fussier about such things as handouts and other "collateral" material (as it's called). But I for one would be happy to show my own pictures of Elio (and others can use them, too, just ask) and elaborate on the Elevator Speech at any length the audience would like.

It might be a good idea for EM to develop a "speakers bureau" of people in various areas who can in fact deliver a good talk about the Elio. You've made a good suggestion and I'll pass it along. But be aware: Elio is becoming more and more controlling over all aspects of its public communications, so they may not go for the idea.

Still, I like the idea -- I could talk to Rotary and similar groups for any set length, armed only with EM's own published materials (and don't really need those at this point). Must be others of us with good speaking skills. So let's see what happens.
You know, as the advo program goes on, the need to expose the car may diminish, but the questions will certainly expand. So it might be good to have an FAQ on hand somewhere. Or at least your own standard answers in your head that we all already have. Anyway, clearing misinformation is a service that will come in handy to those who want to know.

I don't know of many places that is 'on subject' but I'm sure there must be a number of them, since you found at least one good one.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Or at least your own standard answers in your head that we all already have. Anyway, clearing misinformation is a service that will come in handy to those who want to know.

I don't know of many places that is 'on subject' but I'm sure there must be a number of them, since you found at least one good one.

Huh?

larryboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score

What’s Elio (the car)?
84 mpg
$6800
2 Passengers, 3 wheels
Well equipped
Safe and Fun!

Why Elio (the project)?
Save Money
Save Gas
Save the Planet
Create American Job

I hope someone at Elio motors reads this thread and decides to provide buyers who pick up their autocycles at the factory with copies of Ekh's elevator talk. A 3x5 card with the text on one side and a picture of the Elio on the other. I intend to pick up my elio and drive it back to Nebraska. I expect to be stopped several times by people who have questions about the Elio and it would be handy to just give them a card with the basics on it. Not instead of polite answers to their questions but in addition. As a stock holder I have a vested interest in the success of the company and this might help turn a few people on to the Elio. Larryboy

Top Bottom