• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Tough Sell?

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have recommended various products to friends and family, however, only after I have used the product for awhile to warrant and verify my personal satisfaction and recommendation. None of us have driven or experienced the Elio. So we all assume a solid fit and finish build quality, outstanding performance, handling, comfort, reliability, and safety that would compell us to simply recommend the Elio to others?

I've never purchased a new vehicle without the help of JD Power's, Consumer Reports, and an actual test drive. Have most of you? Curious.

Last edited:

ross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have recommended various products to friends and family, however, only after I have used the product for awhile to warrant and verify my personal satisfaction and recommendation. None of us have driven or experienced the Elio. So we all assume a solid fit and finish build quality, outstanding performance, handling, comfort, reliability, and safety?

I've never purchased a new vehicle without the help of JD Power's, Consumer Reports, and an actual test drive. Have most of you? Curious.
I've bought cars that didn't run before just so I could buy them cheap take them home and make them run and drive them.

ross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The business card would make a good handout and good advertising. Each Elio should come with 100 cards.
I'd like a decal on the back sail pan that says " American made, 5 star safety rating, 84 mpg, $6,800. Just so I don't have to answer the same questions over and over, people can read it even if I'm not there, and after there are enough of them on the road I can peel it off.

bunchathrees

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have recommended various products to friends and family, however, only after I have used the product for awhile to warrant and verify my personal satisfaction and recommendation. None of us have driven or experienced the Elio. So we all assume a solid fit and finish build quality, outstanding performance, handling, comfort, reliability, and safety that would compell us to simply recommend the Elio to others?

I've made many uninformed purchases of big-ticket items and have been largely satisfied. I reap the benefit of your diligence and that on the many people like you. You guys drive better companies with better products into stronger market positions and let crappy companies and products wither. One can call this free market survival of the fittest. I benefit from this herd immunity.

Thanks for being at the pointy end of the spear.

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I guess I'm not as motivated to market the Elio as some of you . I'm simply going to enjoy my ride and leave the talking points and commercials to Elio Motors.

I agree, I have zero interest in having a sign or text on my Elio as advertisement unless I get a commission on sales. BUT, I would be interested in cards to hand out when I get stopped and asked to avoid having to answer questions if I am in a hurry. I was dating a girl who owned a VW New Beetle when they first came out and she was stopped constantly the first year with questions about it: "Is the motor in the back?" "Is it air cooled?" "Does it float upside-down?" "Is that a real flower in the bud vase?"

Last edited:

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I agree, I have zero interest in having a sign or text on my Elio as advertisement unless I get a commission on sales. BUT, I would be interested in cards to hand out when I get stopped and asked to avoid having to answer questions if I am in a hurry. I was dating a girl when the VW New Beetle came out and she was stopped constantly the first year with questions about it: "Is the motor in the back?" "Is it air cooled?" "Does it float upside-down?" "Is that a real flower in the bud vase?"
Come to think about it, some real-estate broker is going to boost his business a huge amount that 1st year. Just put basic Elio info about his own car on one side, and his business card on the other. Drive everywhere in the Elio, every time he gets stopped, he kills two birds...well, u know.
Save money and expand his business at the same time.

Trusting

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've thought of having a chrome plate made with my cars production number on it...

BIjyy.jpg

Top Bottom