• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Towing The Elio / Towing With The Elio

raybonz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
towing-gas-mileage-2.jpg

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/auto-parts/towing/towing-capacity/information/towing-gas-mileage.htm
LOL that is the Elio NexGen ! :)

Ray

Coda1

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Elio will have a much larger drop in mileage when towing compared to most cars because of the smaller engine. Small engines give great gas mileage when driving conservatively but drop off rapidly when pushed hard. I would be surprised if an Elio would get over 50mpg when towing 500 lbs. Of course that is still better then anything else.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have just taken one more step towards my Elio travel plans and contacted the company that makes the Mini Mate Camper. I told them about my wanting to tow it with the Elio and gave them the Elio website information so they can read up on it. I asked for their opinion of the appropriateness of the two. Now the wait begins. Again. Still. :-) Z

RogWild

Elio Addict
Reaction score
... I would be surprised if an Elio would get over 50mpg when towing 500 lbs. Of course that is still better then anything else.
You got that RIGHT; my current 'ride' is a Honda Element..... 20mph....Ooops! 20 MPG.... WITHOUT a trailer!

Last edited:

RogWild

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have just taken one more step towards my Elio travel plans and contacted the company that makes the Mini Mate Camper. I told them about my wanting to tow it with the Elio and gave them the Elio website information so they can read up on it. I asked for their opinion of the appropriateness of the two. Now the wait begins. Again. Still. :) Z
Please post 'reply'.... I also like the 'Mini Mate Camper'..... great for visiting the national parks!

Top Bottom