• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Towing The Elio / Towing With The Elio

KN16

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Barring fraud, It must work, or they would not make it.
No it's just proof that some people don't have a lick of sense. There's no side ways stability every time you get passed or try to drive in a cross wind this things natural tendency will be to move at ninety degrees to your car. This would be even worse on a reverse trike configuration as it can't handle a large mass pulling it to the side.

Small trailers tend to bounce a lot as it is. With two wheels this is somewhat mitigated. Hit a pot hole at speed with that unicycle and it's going to go a foot above the pavement level.

Dustoff

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Reading the Cruiser Lift web site (one should read before coming to a conclusion), I gleaned a few paragraphs from the company literature.
I have no knowledge if this would work with the Elio and I sent an e-mail asking them if they could look into the matter.
Now I'm not pushing/pulling this interesting trailer concept, just bringing it to ya'lls attention.

"The Swivelwheel systems do not include the adverse effects of a bumper pull trailer, which is the ability to jack-knife when backing or fishtailing while driving. The Swivel wheel system will always track with the tow vehicle whether in the traveling mode or backing up."

"Contrary to popular belief in some chat rooms, the Swivelwheel systems do not include the perceived caster flutter while driving down the road at any speed. The swivel assembly design was engineered to remove the (as we call it) shopping cart caster flutter syndrome. This is true with a loaded or empty deck, as well as at city or highway speeds. The systems also include an adjustable friction pad and rotor assembly to alleviate any chances of flutter in the caster assembly."

Once again, not my words. But until I know all the facts about this system I would not discount it on conjecture.

With all due respect to any critic.

Dustoff

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Uni-go and N-line trailers have been pulled behind motorcycles for years. Research is a wonderful thing.
Thank's Bill. I just spoke with the Cruiser Lift people and they asked me to call back when the owner returns from abroad in May to discuss the feasibility of using an existing model or possibly designing a new one for the Elio. I will post the results of our conversation.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Starting price for the Go is 9k
Holy crap! For $9k we should be able to drive it. Heck it should be able to tow the Elio! GOing, GOing, GONE!
It would be cool to design and build a smaller more aerodynamic aftermarket ultralite version of the GO for the Elio. I'll get right on that if it turns out Elio has a trailer hitch option. It looks like Rogwild's is the best option for campers.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 303
Last edited:

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Z, It weighs 840# and may be too heavy and probably way to expensive. The GO pop up tent trailer is the most versatile, award winning trailer design I've ever seen. Check out the cool videos on this link if interested. http://go.sylvansport.com

View attachment 741
That is one very beautiful tent trailer. I can see that in the same color as my Elio. Thank you. It is definitely too heavy and I am sure it is even more expensive than the 1 I have in mind which is more than I want or can pay on top of the car. Sigh! However, thanks to you I can dream and that is free! LOL :-) Z

NUB

Reaction score
Hey, NUB, welcome from Oregon. Let me put this as gently as I can, there are some on this forum who will want to know who, when , where, why, time. . . . . . . You know, all the nitty gritty. You are a very brave soul to post that information without "documentation". I am more than happy to take your word for it. Thanks for emailing them. I hope you enjoy this adventure and our journey to Elio ownership. This forum is proving to be a wild and crazy way to pass the time until we reach our goal. Next year in our Elios! :) Z
WILL CHECK TO SEE IF I SAVED THE EMAIL, IF SO I WILL POST IT.

COULD NOT FIND THE EMAIL, JUST POSTED WHAT I WAS TOLD, HOPE IT
IS SO.

Last edited:
Top Bottom