• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Towing The Elio / Towing With The Elio

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I agree. But, there may be some people who need to business travel a couple hundred miles who need more room for suits, gear, whatever, who want the Elio to be their only vehicle for those trips. That trunk is SMALL.

EM pushes the "and car" concept and for many that will be the case .... for others (I suspect a substantial number of others) the reality is, it will be "the car" .... we have a good number of folks for whom a motorcycle is their main form of transportation .... an Elio will provide them with all weather ride .... with that being the case, I do foresee many innovations which will expand an Elio's usefulness

Mike W

Elio Addict
Reaction score
RUC, What is the differance between hauling a 250# Big A++'ed person, in the back seat and towing a 250# trailer, besides having Better company/less verbal feed-back, and shorter gas stops??lol If you don't tow, you don't know.
Big diff as a matter of fact! That weight is out behind you and a whole bunch of new forces are working on the car that you didn't have before. If you towed, you'd have know'd!

Mike W

Elio Addict
Reaction score
EM pushes the "and car" concept and for many that will be the case .... for others (I suspect a substantial number of others) the reality is, it will be "the car" .... we have a good number of folks for whom a motorcycle is their main form of transportation .... an Elio will provide them with all weather ride .... with that being the case, I do foresee many innovations which will expand an Elio's usefulness
You have that right! And a lot of the innovations may come from owners. I have a feeling they are a crafty lot!

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Is the torsion axle much better than a straight axle?

I like it better for trailers because to the way it mounts to the trailer frame and each wheel is independent .... one tire hits a bump, it has no affect on the opposite tire .... in short it more or less wallows through rough areas instead of bouncing

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I like it better for trailers because to the way it mounts to the trailer frame and each wheel is independent .... one tire hits a bump, it has no affect on the opposite tire .... in short it more or less wallows through rough areas instead of bouncing

I'm not positive but, I think the torsion spring also provides better "damping" (less bounce) even without shocks. I do recall another "mod" for the HF trailer is to remove the "overload spring" from the leaf spring pack. :)

Top Bottom