• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Weight Loss Thread.

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thought I would bring this back to see if anyone is still sticking to new Year's resolutions?

I have been dieting since The Monday after Thanksgiving and have lost 41 pounds so far.

A little back ground. i had weight loss surgery (lap-band) almost 9 years ago. Was very successful. Still up and down from goal weight but not bad. I was about 30 pounds overweight when i had my motorcycle accident in September 2013. Months of inactivity and getting back into very bad eating habits saw me put on an additional 55 pounds. I noticed I was feeling weird (fuzzy headed) after thanksgiving so i checked my blood sugar and it was pretty high. I was borderline diabetic prior to weight loss surgery. So the Monday after Thanksgiving, I decided to get back on the diet wagon. Horrible time to start eating healthy, but it's worked so far. 45 pounds to go

Bert

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Congratulations Neal! I admire your dedication to a healthy life, and hopefully a longer one!
I"m not on an actual diet. I was already heavy and last Fall it seemed like I took a leap up on the rector scale?
I've been confused as to what can actually help. High carb and protien, low carbs only, run until you drop.
I am active, but don't go to a gym anymore. As the weather warms I believe I'll drag out the old ten speed and put more miles on it. Meanwhile, I'm sort of stuck in place for some reason?

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thought I would bring this back to see if anyone is still sticking to new Year's resolutions?

I have been dieting since The Monday after Thanksgiving and have lost 41 pounds so far.

A little back ground. i had weight loss surgery (lap-band) almost 9 years ago. Was very successful. Still up and down from goal weight but not bad. I was about 30 pounds overweight when i had my motorcycle accident in September 2013. Months of inactivity and getting back into very bad eating habits saw me put on an additional 55 pounds. I noticed I was feeling weird (fuzzy headed) after thanksgiving so i checked my blood sugar and it was pretty high. I was borderline diabetic prior to weight loss surgery. So the Monday after Thanksgiving, I decided to get back on the diet wagon. Horrible time to start eating healthy, but it's worked so far. 45 pounds to go
No New Year's resolutions on my part so I am not violating any of them. Congratulations on your weight loss since Thanksgiving.

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I hit a road block in weigh loss and then picked up some bug that left me with a restless sleeping pattern, waking up several times during the night and feeling exhausted all day. I took 10 days off from the gym and put 6 pounds back on even though I didn't change what I was eating. Sleep is still not back to normal but I've gone back to the gym this week and I'm fighting through the fatigue. Feels like week one, all over again.:(

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Hey Neal way to go! I started my life style change back in July and did really well over the holidays maintaining my weight as well. Hit a snag in the last few weeks but slowly getting back on track. Keep up the great job your doing in gaining and maintaining a healthier life.:)

Catia

Elio Addict
Reaction score
overweight.png
weight.jpg

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"Diets" don't work!
3 out of 100 are able to keep the weight off after 2 yrs.
Taking it off is easy, so why are there 97 folks w/ no will power???
Lifestyle change is required, no diet, but thoughtful eating don't count calories
We have been" trained" to respond to Salt, Sugar, and fat by the food industry
Take a few and watch "Forkes over knives",Watch "Sick fat and almost dead" it's a rip, but interesting.
12/07/2010 Wt 215, Blood pressure meds, cholesterol meds, pre-diabetic, two sets of stints for P.A.D. and decided I want to die healthy.
today 1 hr/week walk/jog, 145 lbs (3yrs) only med 81 mg aspirin! I'm just a nobody, who made a decision to change my life.
When you hear people say "they cheated", or have a "craving" it ain't lack of will power it's poor balance of food.
Hey, but that's just me, we each must find our own path.
BTW want to increase your gpm for your ealio? loose weight!

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"Diets" don't work!
3 out of 100 are able to keep the weight off after 2 yrs.
Taking it off is easy, so why are there 97 folks w/ no will power???
Lifestyle change is required, no diet, but thoughtful eating don't count calories
We have been" trained" to respond to Salt, Sugar, and fat by the food industry
Take a few and watch "Forkes over knives",Watch "Sick fat and almost dead" it's a rip, but interesting.
12/07/2010 Wt 215, Blood pressure meds, cholesterol meds, pre-diabetic, two sets of stints for P.A.D. and decided I want to die healthy.
today 1 hr/week walk/jog, 145 lbs (3yrs) only med 81 mg aspirin! I'm just a nobody, who made a decision to change my life.
When you hear people say "they cheated", or have a "craving" it ain't lack of will power it's poor balance of food.
Hey, but that's just me, we each must find our own path.
BTW want to increase your gpm for your ealio? loose weight!
I agree diets don't work, life style changes do! That's why after 30 years of no exercise, I've started again. It's the only way for me, to keep the extra weight off.;)

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
this week past the FDA once again has changed the RDAs -keep in mind it's no science "recommended" is not a measure or statement of fact, but we have taken it as the gospel
for example, when was the last time you heard "starch" mentioned in diet in the last 40-50 yrs.? who/why did it change to carbs?
And my fav-
What do McD, Burger king, golden coral all have in common, BEFORE you even go inside????
it's XI:XXXII, past my bedtime, but I'll tell ya-
Their signs all have orange/red and yellow- why? because the food industry, after extended research, has concluded that those are the 2 colors that stimulate our salivary glands. They have researched EVERYTHING for another example
the adjustment of fat, salt sugar in products to create the greatest appeal, go "low fat"-easy raise the sugar, still tastes great
"Your Food Is Fooling You- How your brain is hijacked by Sugar,Fat and Salt", by David A. Kessler, MD
FDA, and Execs in the industry are interchangeable- leave one to go to the other here in Florida, it ain't citris that's king-sugar cane!!! and now good night- think NYC auto show!!!!
Demain ce sera mieux

Top Bottom