• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Wheels & Tires

LockMD

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Saw somewhere (maybe on here) that they make blue tooth enabled valve stem caps that will tell your smart phone the tire pressure. Sweet! I can see getting these. Problem is, they only come in a set of four!

So you'll have a spare ;)

I do like the sound of this too, I'll have to look into them.

Johnapool

Elio Addict
Reaction score
While I totally agree John, I could see where something like the TPMS would be handy. The front spats/fairings pretty much hide the valves, so you'd need someone outside the Elio to tell you when it's accessible. It's either that, jack it up and spin the wheel, or remove the fairings...all of which I'm too lazy to do.

OK, OK, I stand corrected! I forgot about the dang wheel fairings....just make it something simple, cheap and dependable!

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Saw somewhere (maybe on here) that they make blue tooth enabled valve stem caps that will tell your smart phone the tire pressure. Sweet! I can see getting these. Problem is, they only come in a set of four!

Yep, goofyone posted a link to the site a page or two back. Just use the extra one for the spare tire on one of your other vehicles. Nothing worse that getting a flat, then finding out that your spare is flat too! (Son ran over something at his buddy's house in my wife's Jeep, swapped it with the spare, and "forgot" to tell me. :mad: )

LockMD

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I just ordered a pair of these Bluetooth Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems for my vehicles and hope to eventually use some on my new Elio:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/fobo-tire-world-s-first-all-bluetooth-smart-tpms/x/8622646

The system has four tire pressure monitors which attach to the valve stems of you car and communicate with a base station in your car and/or directly with your phone via Bluetooth 4.0.

SWEET! Thanks for sharing Goofyone. After looking at it for a little bit, I bought 5 sets for 400 bucks :)

goldwing06

Elio Addict
Reaction score
While I totally agree John, I could see where something like the TPMS would be handy. The front spats/fairings pretty much hide the valves, so you'd need someone outside the Elio to tell you when it's accessible. It's either that, jack it up and spin the wheel, or remove the fairings...all of which I'm too lazy to do.
u know that lots of small planes have tightly faired wheel pants and some have small doors that fit flush that can allow airing and checking of the tp. those could be made or installed on the front wheels of the elio and i use the brail method to check the rear tire on the goldwing, since it's pretty well buried like the back of the elio in its current configuration of styling.

Last edited:

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Small access doors are good but you still have move the car until the valve stem aligns with the door. Guess you could mark the back side of the tire with a marker to help you align the valve.

and, just to manually check the air pressure could easily mean moving the Elio 3 times

Jim

Top Bottom