• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Who Are Our Members?

Wolffarmer

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Burning Man is held late Aug-Labor day for a week in the Nevada desert 125 miles or so North East of Reno on a dry lake bed. It is an Art Festival of art, music, self expression ( with in the law ;) ) 70,000 of your closets friends, can't buy anything but ice. And no one can ever say what it really is. No shade but what you bring. Porta Pots provided, no trash bins. Pack it in, Pack it out. it is a Leave no trace event.

http://burningman.org

This is my favorite video of it. Shows a bit of it, of the spirit of it. It was made in 2011. My first year.

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
Burning Man is held late Aug-Labor day for a week in the Nevada desert 125 miles or so North East of Reno on a dry lake bed. It is an Art Festival of art, music, self expression ( with in the law ;) ) 70,000 of your closets friends, can't buy anything but ice. And no one can ever say what it really is. No shade but what you bring. Porta Pots provided, no trash bins. Pack it in, Pack it out. it is a Leave no trace event.

http://burningman.org

This is my favorite video of it. Shows a bit of it, of the spirit of it. It was made in 2011. My first year.

It looks like Mardi Gras meets a gay pride parade meets Boulder, CO. LOL

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
I been watching the Elio for some time now and just a few minutes ago I went all in. Hope to see it in about 2 years. Well, just hope to see one for real. I am a old small farmer ( the farm not me ). Did a lot of motorcycle touring in my younger years. Have done most of my mechanical work and like to build things. Am just starting the process of building a camper trailer by starting with the top of an older slide in camper. In 2007 built a teardrop camper that has been enjoyable. Been to Burning Man with it 3 times now. Would love to take my Elio some time. How big a trailer do you think it would pull? Just kidding. Really. But Elio a tent, 10 gallons of water, food and some clothing and I would do it.

Welcome to the forum Wolf, congrats on your reservation!

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I been watching the Elio for some time now and just a few minutes ago I went all in. Hope to see it in about 2 years. Well, just hope to see one for real. I am a old small farmer ( the farm not me ). Did a lot of motorcycle touring in my younger years. Have done most of my mechanical work and like to build things. Am just starting the process of building a camper trailer by starting with the top of an older slide in camper. In 2007 built a teardrop camper that has been enjoyable. Been to Burning Man with it 3 times now. Would love to take my Elio some time. How big a trailer do you think it would pull? Just kidding. Really. But Elio a tent, 10 gallons of water, food and some clothing and I would do it.
Wolffarmer. congratulations on your reservation and welcome to the forum. Hopefully, you will see the first Elio's on the road next year.

Evarance

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you for the well wishes. A little bit of luck might just be what I need to push me to the finish line. :D My husband has been really supportive of my writing and he tries to watch the kids for me and make meals when he is able so I can get extra writing time in. I also use my long commute to record bits of story on a handheld voice recorder when I feel inspired to do so. No sense letting all those long hours driving alone to and from work go to waste. Having said all that, writing is still really difficult for me and I think I'm a little slow because I have a tendency to wordsmith a lot. But you know what they say, slow and steady wins the race. I'll be sure to let everyone know when I finish book one, because that will be truly celebration worthy. I've been working on this series for several years now, but with 14 chapters polished, ready for submission and 6 more chapters to go, the end is in sight. I'm doing rewrites and edits on the last 6 chapters as we speak. I plan on being done with the polished draft by end of summer (or sooner if I can). Then I'll being putting in submissions to publishers. I already have one publisher interested, but I'm keeping my options open at the moment. :)

Just wanted to do a quick follow-up for any of you that are interested. I finished my book and there's a giveaway going on right now at Goodreads.com for a chance to win a signed copy.

Here's the link: https://www.goodreads.com/giveaway/show/180099-evarance-rise-of-the-shadows

The giveaway ends on April 2nd, so if you want to enter, you'll have to do so by then. Also the book is available on Amazon in hardcover, softcover and kindle formats for pre-order right now and it will be official on sale April 2nd! The book is called "Evarance - Rise of the Shadows" and it's book one of a Young Adult Fantasy trilogy! I'm super excited about it so I wanted to share. Please spread the word. You can also subscribe for my mailing list at my website www.evarance.com.

Ok, enough self promotion. Thanks for listening! Can't wait to get my Elio! I think it would be fun to use it to go to book signings. ;)

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just wanted to do a quick follow-up for any of you that are interested. I finished my book and there's a giveaway going on right now at Goodreads.com for a chance to win a signed copy.

Here's the link: https://www.goodreads.com/giveaway/show/180099-evarance-rise-of-the-shadows

The giveaway ends on April 2nd, so if you want to enter, you'll have to do so by then. Also the book is available on Amazon in hardcover, softcover and kindle formats for pre-order right now and it will be official on sale April 2nd! The book is called "Evarance - Rise of the Shadows" and it's book one of a Young Adult Fantasy trilogy! I'm super excited about it so I wanted to share. Please spread the word. You can also subscribe for my mailing list at my website www.evarance.com.

Ok, enough self promotion. Thanks for listening! Can't wait to get my Elio! I think it would be fun to use it to go to book signings. ;)

Very nice, Bonnie! Not really my genre, but that sounds like it's right up the wife's alley! ;) Hope I win, but if not, I'll definitely turn my wife onto your book.

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Your profile had me at "anime" and "cosplay", entered! And if I do not win I will buy one anyway :) Sounds like the type of book that both my son and I would enjoy. Thanks for the heads-up!

Top Bottom